Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just found out my records, my Klipsch and a bit more moved a hundred miles today. Nice when you still have somebody to have your back in a bind. The in kind favor I return won't be easy but it will be my pleasure! Going bonkers without a car for this long.

Family is good to have!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Going bonkers without a car for this long.

The Flintstone Car Is For Sale On eBay

CULTURE, MOVIES & TELEVISION  /  April 26, 2016  /  By Daniel Gray
flintmobile-3-1200-533x400-740x480.jpg
Tell your friends:

Fred Flintstone’s movie car is now up for sale on eBay. Few cartoon cars have had as much impact on popular culture as the Flintstone car.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Family is good to have

yes it is. My sister was a proxy for the purchase of my LS. She had cash to pay for them and stored them for 6 months.

-----------------------------

I might be "off the air" for a few days, as the wife will most likely take her computer with her to MT. She leaves tomorrow AM and will be back Sunday afternoon ... weather permitting. Air travel is a little dicey at that time of day with t-storms ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yep and that's my mom's baby brother that moved stuff and I can't believe with the size of his small trailer and the back of his longbed got all the way to the back of that one storage unit. The trailer does have four foot fence type sides he put on it.

He did leave the fridge, outside table & chairs, bookshelves and pictures in it. But the F3s were inside the bookshelves and the records were stacked three feet tall six wide on the back wall. I'd bet he is sore this am. He's taking the twenty footer the next time now that he knows the layout of that badly arranged storage facility. Not bad inside but outside, no dock for a truck and those darn curbs with grass and stuff all around to inhibit lining any vehicle up with the doors. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yep and that's my mom's baby brother that moved stuff and I can't believe with the size of his small trailer and the back of his longbed got all the way to the back of that one storage unit. The trailer does have four foot fence type sides he put on it.

He did leave the fridge, outside table & chairs, bookshelves and pictures in it. But the F3s were inside the bookshelves and the records were stacked three feet tall six wide on the back wall. I'd bet he is sore this am. He's taking the twenty footer the next time now that he knows the layout of that badly arranged storage facility. Not bad inside but outside, no dock for a truck and those darn curbs with grass and stuff all around to inhibit lining any vehicle up with the doors. 

You may need to send that young man a new toaster!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good luck with the move, hope things get back to normal soon so you can get past this.

It's just my lifelong collection of stuff moving out of the $275/ month for the two 10x10x8 storage bins. Still no idea when prices will get back to normal so I can get an AWD something and a new place. Or if I should buy gold bars and stay put. Our country is fd right now especially us peasants.

• Like 4

At least "I've Got a Line" on some excellent coffee and bourbon right now. Sliced some cabbage and salted it last night, put the pickles, onion, celery and mayo on it this morning after I got the water out of it. Now some decent beer batter boxed cod and I'll enjoy that for a couple days too! The oven here is natural gas and runs 10 or so hot so it is way better than the one I've used for years now. Everything comes out right without me having to babysit it!

• Like 4

UNADILLA NATIONAL RETURNS TO BRING PRO MOTOCROSS BACK TO NEW BERLIN THIS WEEKEND 

Play Video

spaceplay / pause

qunload | stop

ffullscreen

shift + slower / faster

volume

mmute

seek

. seek to previous

12 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60%

The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship returns to New Berlin on Saturday for the Unadilla National, after the event was canceled in 2020.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 8:13 PM
Posted By: Spencer Davidson 

NEW BERLIN, N.Y. - The Thrilla at Unadilla returns on Saturday after a year away due to the coronavirus pandemic.

After the event was cancelled in the summer of 2020, the Circle K Unadilla National motocross races bring the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship back to New Berlin in front of a full capacity crowd, on Aug. 14.

It's the eighth stop of the 2021 season for the Pro Motocross Championship, and marks the 35th running of the Unadilla National.

Unadilla MX is the lone active venue from the inaugural season of Pro Motocross back in 1972.

With the pandemic still raging on and cases climbing around the country again, there will be no amateur races this year.

Saturday's race day schedule is as follows:

8:00 a.m. - Practice & Qualifying
12:30 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies
1:00 p.m. - First Motos (450 Class & 250 Class)
3:00 p.m. - Second Motos (450 Class & 250 Class)

Tickets are available in general admission format with prices at $55 for adults and $25 for children ages 6-11.

Races will be live streamed on Peacock with the 450 Moto 2 airing live on WKTV-NBC at 3 p.m.

For more information on the Unadilla National and to purchase tickets, visit ProMotocross.com.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1