Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

52 minutes ago, dtel said:

I spoon it out a big container and spread it with the other hand, as much as will stick and not slide off. 

I never tried on brisket before but don't cook much brisket after the last one which was close to $70.

great smoker ,  the meat is cooked very evenly  , all around

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Islander said:

Which Olympic events have you been watching?

Whaterever is on when we turn on the tv...

Watch a bunch of the swimming events, the diving and track, both mens and womens.

My wife really likes the beach volleyball, so we took that in. Wife can't play it since she's so short. She played a lot of badminton in the Philippines.

We watched a lot of the gymnastics as well. You mentiomed the trampolines, but the uneven bars and balance beam are scary for me to watch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yum!

Yea I guess I like mustards like @BigStewMan likes ketchup!

Mustard with roast beef on bread is great!! @oldtimer

Strange thing is it has no mustard flavor, not sure how that works actually, I know it melts off but you would think a little mustard taste. 

2 hours ago, RandyH said:

great smoker ,  the meat is cooked very evenly  , all around

It does good, homemade and i just got lucky it smokes. The fire box was really just to add a little smoke while on the gas. It smoked so well I removed the burner's and only use wood.

• Like 4

Those pork butts looks tasty dtel!

Dave Mallette would have been 72 today.  Quite a character and gone too soon😪

Gonna be a rainy day again here.  Last scheduled trip to the Chiropractor at 10:00.  I know they will want me to continue but I'm going to take a break.  Washed the bubble wearing a lumbar belt with no ill effects.  Actually loosened me up some.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is store bought obviously but it is very good on grilled chicken and pork... or baked. The mustard, paprika, garlic and vinegar with other stuff makes the area smell great of course and the vinegar helps it penetrate.

PXL-20210806-161018346.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Tarheel

some chiropractors want to keep you coming back for the rest of your life...

I feel a rant I need to stifle.

----------------------------------------------------

that little electric weedeater works pretty good, as long as you keep w/i its limits and don't mid dragging an extension cord -- when I said "old", I mean pre battery op... I imagine it is lighter than a batt op... I dunno. Done with it, for the moment. Washed the pureed grass and weeds off me. The place smells like a fresh cut hay field... not a big stretch... it was a hay field

I can relax into my normal routine ...Can't pull weeds from the grass, so, I'll go into the garden and pull grass from my weed/s.

rain predicted for the weekend. We got spit on last night. Just enough to drop the temp.... a little less, all we would have gotten is elevated humidity w/o a temp drop.

• Like 3

It's kinda a strong mustard smell until the meat starts to heat up... then ahhh it's a recognizable neighborhood smell to everyone that was in Clt before the 80s! Had some mango habanero last month that was different.

I knew that would get a rise outta you @Dave1291 it's not too long now. & I'm not real happy about what my Canes did in the last month. They repeatedly get promising young players in the latter rounds, nurture them for five years... then let them go to become stars somewhere else. Lots of trades for latter rounds this year too, more than usual. Different owner, different mgr, sos.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RandyH said:
  10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Dave Mallette would have been 72 today.  Quite a character and gone too soon😪

I miss Dave.  He's the ONLY person I've ever met that graduated from the Defense Information School in the Army.  We're a strange breed.  (Shush it!)   All branches together taking college courses again for 12 weeks or more.  We were always poppin something crazy back and forth in here about something.  Miss that man!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RandyH said:

I know this sounds crude  in our  modern  homes of extreme luxury  , but nothing beats a Tatami bed  -

Seriously?  You think a stud like Tarheel is going to sleep on one of those things?  That won't happen.  :)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, RandyH said:

I know this sounds crude  in our  modern  homes of extreme luxury  , but nothing beats a Tatami bed  -

I think it could be refreshing. Always liked the sparse decor some from the Orient have.

Imagine the feel of that woven bamboo before you get in bed or when you get out the next day. Different textures can be a trip in themselves. And sometimes there is more cushion in a roll up like that than you'd think. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I miss Dave.  He's the ONLY person I've ever met that graduated from the Defense Information School in the Army.  We're a strange breed.  (Shush it!)   All branches together taking college courses again for 12 weeks or more.  We were always poppin something crazy back and forth in here about something.  Miss that man!

You shoulda been here when we had the BS Forum...He was the only one who would discuss the Dead Sea Scrolls with me. 😎

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

I think it could be refreshing. Always liked the sparse decor some from the Orient haver.

Imagine the feel of that woven bamboo before you get in bed or when you get out the next day. And sometimes there is more cushion in a roll up like that than you'd think. 

the tatami allows you to sleep straight , give it 1-2  weeks and the back issues are gone  , but  is it as comfy , maybe not -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1