Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I hit a wall. I need to receive a text for a password/code.. and all I have is a land line.....

guess I just listen to some music... Don't have to worry about waking anyone. At 5:30AM it sounded like someone, in town - and it is a small town/village, set off, what sounded like, a cannon. The only people it didn't wake, were already up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's ok @grasshopper.  When I was in Phoenix I gave my phone to my youngest daughter and told her to make sure everything I was on was safe.  She has a laptop but it's just used for her business she said.  Then told me 90% of it was on her phone.  Yea, ok so why is it now i'm scared to death to text someone on my phone?  I freak using Google to look something up.  Yea, she's gonna take care of me allll right...  The older one that lives here set up my laptop.  I'm soooo screwed...  hahahaha   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am waiting for the wife to get a text for me. I don't even know how to do that... said with a certain degree of pride...

wife is winding up the school year..... and she's is a wee busy. in business terms she has quarterly reports and an annual...which come at ...co-incidentally, at the end of the school year - go figure

so, I was  out in the doghouse being "quiet" for her. That is not making noise in the house while she is decompressing from the day

fire season is in full swing. It takes a little bit of nothing to start a fire. Been a couple small ones near. A few hundred  acres at a time. Wind is a sign of spring, and we're getting it. Sun up to sundown. Almost no humidity... single digit is not out of the norm

any of you have Stop Making Sense? At the end of my CD there is a little tick just before the disc ends.Anyone else's do that?

• Like 2

Mine is on vinyl, so nothing.

Wish we had your humidity, but it's the opposite of a desert here. I've seen a beaver lodge on the side of the road with the prevalence of swamps.

Opened up when we had 60% this week. Cooking in the oven heats this place quickly. The 50s outside can be brought in easy with two big windows in the kitchen here.

• Like 2

Been running allll stinking week and a bit more next week then I get a break maybe.  Tomorrow I'm off along with the weekend.  :)  Met w/a younger landscaper yesterday for an hour.  I have a couple visions that I want to do and naturally she agreed it would look nice for the front of the house then we hit the back yard w/my vision and she stopped me and came up with an even better idea for the patio area.  Surprised me a bit when she hit me with her thoughts.  I thought her idea was a  better look so went with it.  Now we'll see what she puts on paper.  😂

I had a most important task today...

clean the coffee maker. The red blinky has been on for a week. Drew quite a pile of calcium out of the machine. Put a fresh charcoal filter in, too.

then I dusted the floors.... with diatomacious earth. That should slow the bugs down. It's not as satisfying as watching them roll over with their legs kicking... but, it works

a female landscaper.... hmmmmm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Oops!

Prolly did more damage to their vehicle [$$$] than the fence.

Maybe, it looked like it must have been a really low speed impact.

A lot of people at the far end of the street use my neighbors driveway to turn around.

• Like 3

On 4/20/2022 at 7:08 PM, JohnJ said:

Mine is on vinyl, so nothing.

Wish we had your humidity, but it's the opposite of a desert here. I've seen a beaver lodge on the side of the road with the prevalence of swamps.

Opened up when we had 60% this week. Cooking in the oven heats this place quickly. The 50s outside can be brought in easy with two big windows in the kitchen here.

Yesterday, I heard on the radio about the Ukrainian tradition of the summer kitchen.  Most of the older rural houses would have one.  It was a small building beside or attached to the main house, so that in the hot summer weather the meals could be cooked without making the house too hot.

The woman describing it talked about her fond memories as a little girl of spending time in the summer kitchen with her granny.  It was a simpler time, right?

• Like 3

I know it was the same in the Southern USA too @Islander, just before my time. It was year 'round intended on keeping the heat and possible cooking fires away from the living areas.

Heard relatives talking about that at get-togethers when I was young & how 8' ceilings in the "new" homes were low. It came during the talk of that wonderful Central Air Conditioning that hit all the burbs in the late 60s

Been in lots of older places that had that kitchen connected by either a hallway or construed  breakfast nook. The ubiquitous skinny Florida room with the glass louvered windows from about two feet up must have been a fad for a period of time too.

I'm a skeptic of all of this faux interest in their country right now, especially when they don't have ANY in the awful state of our own right now. When hollywood tries to wag the dog I notice quickly after buying it several times before that enlightening movie came out. warpigs

• Like 2