Mustard, The Unsung Hero to Ketchup.....

John Chi-town

I like mustard. Dijon mustard, creole mustard, French's mustard, spicy brown mustard, Chinese mustard, deli mustard, herbed mustard....

Mustard goes great on ham. To paraphrase Dirty Harry, "nobody, I mean nobody should put mayo on ham."

Mustard on bread, especially a baguette, mmmmmm. Mustard on corn dogs, hot dogs, Dijon mustard with olive oil and vinegar makes the best salad dressing, maybe a little bacon too....mustard on rye bread...the beauty of a giant field of mustard in bloom....

• Moderators
Dijon mustard with olive oil and vinegar makes the best salad dressing

I tried that before but with just a touch of vinegar. It was good, was looking for dressing without all the fat from most store bought dressings. One of my favorites is just olive oil and salt and pepper and a couple drops of Sriracha.

• Moderators

I use to use ranch for that until I read the label, about as much fat as pouring bacon grease on the pretzel. :o

Not that I am a health nut or in good shape but if I am going to eat that much fat it will be on a steak or something else really good, not dressing.

I use to use ranch for that until I read the label, about as much fat as pouring bacon grease on the pretzel. :o

Not that I am a health nut or in good shape but if I am going to eat that much fat it will be on a steak or something else really good, not dressing.

Ever go to a restaurant and watch someone dump half a bottle on a salad that covers a dinner plate. I always believed salad was healthy. Then I read the Label on MOST Dressings

You could eat a hefty meal and get less fat. I do love an occasional salad, with tomato bacon dressing, And Yes I use to much :P

I consider myself a Mustard connoisseur... I love it all, artificial yellow... horseradish... Brown with seeds... it's all fantastic.

there are two kinds of people in the world... mustard people and ketchup people!