Would like to listen to Heritage speakers but especially Cornwalls

jimjimbo

I have never listened to a set of any Klipsch Heritage speaker, and I would very much like to....I've got the bug now, and have been trying to get my hands on some Cornwall's, somehow, someway.....however, I would also like to hear any other set of Heritage as well.

If anyone in the mid to northern Indiana, southern Michigan area would be so kind as to make some time, I'll bring you a very nice bottle of red wine....I live in the South Bend IN area, and can be relatively flexible with my schedule if need be. Let me know via PM. Thanks very much.

• Like 1

I am in the same boat, I have never heard Heritage speakers. I have some Reference speakers in Northwest Indiana to listen to if you bring the wine, lol. I am sure some near you will offer, good luck!

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Best of luck. Last weekend I was like you, but was fortunate enough to find a fellow with two sets-one more than he needs (has room for) at the moment. I did some serious listening and now own a pair of Cornwalls. Owned Heresy's back in the day, moved on to a Klipsch THX system when they were big and boxy, but just recently got the "vintage" bug. I've listened to enough vintage equipment to become a believer.

• Like 1

Gents, there is no turning back. Once you've heard Heritage, you're screwed. Gotta have 'em, then it's vacuum tubes and you start thinking about all that cheap vinyl out there, and turntables.

Actually, more of a cliff than a slippery slope.

Dave

• Like 4

I first heard some LaScala clones built by djk back in the '80s. Used them for a PA, but his brother then had them for a while in his apartment. As my older son was growing up, we got on the forums pretty early on, and got hooked even further.

Now I have Heresy IIs, La Scalas (two pair) and am very, very satisfied.

Bruce

Gents, there is no turning back. Once you've heard Heritage, you're screwed. Gotta have 'em, then it's vacuum tubes and you start thinking about all that cheap vinyl out there, and turntables.

Actually, more of a cliff than a slippery slope.

Dave

I've done jumped. Still in the air and haven't hit rock bottom yet.

If you travel for business or pleasure and get to Washington, DC I can hook you up for a free Cornwall session for, free! free! free!. :D

I live near Dulles airport so you could arrange things accordingly.

Have I mentioned I have lots of tube stuff and such and you can look at it for free! free! free!

Edited by thebes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are from NW Indiana, drive to Hoffman Estates IL, to Simply Stereo they have the entire current line up of Heritage series from K-Horn to Heresey III, as well as the Reference line. Owner is very nice and will let you audition all day.

You are also welcome to an audition of my forte II. I'm about 10-15 miles from Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates. IL.

Best regards,

John

If you travel for business or pleasure and get to Washington, DC I can hook you up for a free Cornwall session for, free! free! free!. I live near Dulles airport so you could arrange things accordingly. Have I mentioned I have lots of tube stuff and such and you can look at it for free! free! free!
A great offer! And I don't live that far from Marty and can offer a K-horn audition, on tube electronics.

I never heard them before buying my LS II's off craigslist, but I'm very happy with them and I used a great klipsch reference system before.

I don't think anything's wrong with buying used at all if you get a good price on CW, LS or even a k-horn set. Worst case is you lose a $100 or so when you resale them (assuming you don't like them), but I've never seen any of those speakers drop in used value. Also, I always think it's best to listen to speakers on your own equipment and in the room you're going to use to see if you like them too. Unless you plan on trying a tube amp later, room treatments, etc...