Youthman's First Heritage Speakers...the LaScalas

Youthman

Love the Mohagany with Cane, too!

Plan to split a pair myself; 1 in the Parlor, & 1 in the Den.

I have to agree but it wasn't that long ago I wouldn't have. Imo heritage is so much better in person. Not that pics can't look good but I'm sure you know what i mean. Just something about them in the room looks awesome.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Knowing Shaun, there probably will be a lot of things we haven't seen before in this build. I think he just makes it up as he goes. :D

In the words of George Lopez - "I got this"

:ph34r:

That's funny.

So Youthman what are you considering for a sub ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
So Youth, when are you getting the cinema series?????????

Probably won't be happening.

Probably when he finds them for $100 each :rolleyes::P

Well that might help change my mind. :lol:

Imo heritage is so much better in person. Not that pics can't look good but I'm sure you know what i mean. Just something about them in the room looks awesome.

I do know what you mean. Looking at photos online I've never really been a fan of the older style of the heritage but they definitely have a very nice appeal to them....just a much different style than the reference with their paper woofers and wide "box" shape.

Check out the Recommended Sub for LaScala Trio thread. In a nutshell.....I haven't decided. I'm pretty sure I want to build a Horn Sub....something along the lines of a TubaHT, Danley DTS10 or DTS20.

My biggest problem is my room is 19' deep. Currently the false wall extends 26.5" from the front wall and the front of my theater seats are 91" from the front of the false wall. In order to accommodate a horn sub and the LaScalas, the new cabinet will need to be close to 48" deep which would put the new cabinet 69.5" from the front row seating. 6' is not a lot of room from my front row to the false wall. :( We can recess the screen some but I'm still wondering if that's just going to cramp up the room too much.

Any thoughts?

Imo heritage is so much better in person. Not that pics can't look good but I'm sure you know what i mean. Just something about them in the room looks awesome.

I do know what you mean. Looking at photos online I've never really been a fan of the older style of the heritage but they definitely have a very nice appeal to them....just a much different style than the reference with their paper woofers and wide "box" shape.

Check out the Recommended Sub for LaScala Trio thread. In a nutshell.....I haven't decided. I'm pretty sure I want to build a Horn Sub....something along the lines of a TubaHT, Danley DTS10 or DTS20.

My biggest problem is my room is 19' deep. Currently the false wall extends 26.5" from the front wall and the front of my theater seats are 91" from the front of the false wall. In order to accommodate a horn sub and the LaScalas, the new cabinet will need to be close to 48" deep which would put the new cabinet 69.5" from the front row seating. 6' is not a lot of room from my front row to the false wall. :( We can recess the screen some but I'm still wondering if that's just going to cramp up the room too much.

Any thoughts?

make your woofer go under the La Scalas and put one under your seating... Or you could put one on each side wall.

Any thoughts?

make your woofer go under the La Scalas and put one under your seating... Or you could put one on each side wall.

I like this. also..

If your sold on the horn sub imo you should do a build that is tall, skinny and deep (like a rf83 shape) Build two of them and lay them on the ground (like a rf83 on its side). and use them as a stage behind the screen that your speakers can sit on top of. You could even build a small stage on top of them for a cleaner look. You wont lose any space with this,

• Like 2

I'll be flipping the lsi's tonight when I get home. I'll let you know how it goes. Had a mishap with fatgirl ( my truck)yesterday that left me on the side of 95 south for 5 hours so I was a bit sidetracked

I'll be flipping the lsi's tonight when I get home. I'll let you know how it goes. Had a mishap with fatgirl ( my truck)yesterday that left me on the side of 95 south for 5 hours so I was a bit sidetracked

Wow sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse than your car breaking down on the highway :wacko:

It happens. Fuel seperator is sucking in air and I lost prime so it went into limp mode. It's at the stealership now. I'm sure they will figure it out and charge me a few more grand. Just got home and am writing up some estimates. As soon as I finish Ill dust off the other cabinets and drag them in.

• Moderators

Sorry to hear about fatgirl. Maybe if you talked nicer to her, she wouldn't break down on ya. :P Hate to hear that. Nothing more frustrating than automobile issues. Hope you get it fixed soon.

• Like 1

javumama.jpg ok just got the second pair in and stacked. Without touching any settings they are a bit brighter and lack mid bass. My uneducated guess is assuming this is from no first reflection from the floor. The la Fayette is set flat but add some bass and it all comes back to how it was. Possibly better. I did notice that I have the top hats sitting right side up, I will flip them upside down as soon as my help returns. These things are heavy. I believe audyssey will sort everything out for you. Will report back soon.

31 pages on a set of scalas, c'mon man

EDIT- 32 pages

Yeah, no kidding. My Quarter Pie Bass Horns stomp LaScalas using a little more plywood and floor space with the same K-33 drivers, and I never got this many pages. LOL.