Has it sunk in yet? Life, a terminal condition.

JL Sargent

This reality really has hit me lately. Work seems to be a little more work. Fun sometimes a little less fun. Certainly more physical aches and pains in general. Don't get me wrong, still enjoying life and certainly not depressed. In general I'm a positive fun loving guy. It's just the reality that I'm not getting any younger and it's more obvious to me lately.

;) Maybe I should just keep marching onward with blinders newly adjusted. :D

I remember clearly the day I looked in the mirror and thought who the hell is that :(

The next thing I remember clearly is the day I had my first breathing attack after a day of painting without a respirator (I was outside so I figured not a problem as I was only shooting a motorcycle tank and fenders)

Since that emergency room visit I have become much more AWARE of aches and Pains too much so I fear, I used to brag I never go to doctors, now I gow regularly for my back and diabetes

Getting older is great :blink:

• Like 2

Guest Steven1963

I'm 50. I was a bit overweight and spent too much time behind the computer. Aches and pains were frequent. I decided to drop some weight by working out and eating better (rarely, if ever do I eat fast food) and cut back on portions. After dropping 20 pounds and getting into better shape all, and I mean ALL those aches and pains are GONE.

I look better and feel better.

I'm not saying anyone else needs to do what I did. All I'm saying is that it worked for me.

I'm 50. I was a bit overweight and spent too much time behind the computer. Aches and pains were frequent. I decided to drop some weight by working out and eating better (rarely, if ever do I eat fast food) and cut back on portions. After dropping 20 pounds and getting into better shape all, and I mean ALL those aches and pains are GONE.

I look better and feel better.

I'm not saying anyone else needs to do what I did. All I'm saying is that it worked for me.

Glad that works for you.

Isn't is funny how so many people will take so much time to maintain their car or motorcyle, buy only the best oil, parts and fuel, and then put garbage in their body, the one thing that you will have your whole life?

To each their own, but I am mid 40's and feel pretty good.

• Like 1

• Moderators
I had to edit my age see

Don't feel bad at almost 57 I had to edit many things .

Getting old sucks but the alternative really sucks and is permanant.

You know JL, it also feels worse because of the heat this time of year, not that you really get use to it but when it first starts to get hot every summer everything seems harder and takes longer.

• Moderators

It really does make a big difference, working my way back now.

I try to view this life as a journey to be enjoyed, not a destination. When I do that I can take in the gifts today brings. I think that's the deal - stay in today and in the moment.

Exactly right , a great way to look at it .

• Moderators
Maybe I should just keep marching onward with blinders newly adjusted.

What else can you do ?

Just to make you feel better now, and so you can see what your looking forward to later. :P

I woke up yesterday morning with my right side and arm really hurting which lasted most of the day, I had somehow slept twisted some kind of way and all those muscles were sore ? :o

Your getting old when you hurt yourself while sleeping ! :(

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

I hit 65 in June... I eat far healthier food now than ten years ago, partly because of my second wife (a wonderful Filipina), who wants me to be a round a long time. Not that my first wife didn't, but since she passed away, I've changed some habits. A better diet, more exercise and all that. Work is more stressful, but I'm a rather positive guy, so I just roll with it.

Bruce

• Like 1

• Moderators

I feel you. From the day we are born, we begin to die. I turn 39 in September. I go out wakeboarding and find I'm sore for a few days longer. When I fall down, I don't bounce like I used to, I break. And looking into the mirror reveals more grey than I would like but I wouldn't change any of it. I'm truly blessed with an amazing wife and 4 wonderful (well most of the time) children. I'm excited about the life I'm now living and even more for the one to come. :D Still sucks getting old though. :lol:

• Like 1

i have a new guy on my night shift at work and he is 70. i just found that out a couple nights ago. he looks about 45. and he moves like it too. he was telling me the other day (as we were jogging across the hanger together) that he started in aviation when he was 18 in 1964! i watch him jog up stairs just like me, crawl up and down ladders as fast as i do, and it gives me hope! its amazing to see people stay in such good shape when you can stay busy.

• Like 4

Hi, Scrappy, and others,

So much is beyond our control. And, in fact, who among us can say with absolute certainty that anything we do will make a difference in anything, 1000 years in the future? Or, 500, or 100?

Each of us is able to, each of us has the option and the opportunity, but who among us will?

Specifically, I ask anyone who reads this, has he specifically chosen to act upon the ONE way to a glorious eternity? That way being to delight in Jesus Christ as the One Way to the Father? To recognize our natural state, to confess it to God, to repent genuinely, and to seek God, love Him, obey, and ask His forgiveness?

Simple (as Truth really is), the most profound and productive, and the most life and world changing act of which we are capable.

I do ask God to bless all those who read this, that they might benefit eternally from it!