Paint or varnish Palladium

Legigi7

Ideally I just would like to darken my speaker's finish.

I will have the P37 with Natural finish which I find a bit to orange.

I would like to go to something more like the Esspresso finish.

Do you know any product doing that without sanding the speakers?

Ideally I just would like to darken my speaker's finish.

I will have the P37 with Natural finish which I find a bit to orange.

I would like to go to something more like the Esspresso finish.

Do you know any product doing that without sanding the speakers?

So why not just sell them and buy the espresso versions?

• Like 1

Fundamentally, this is like going to a Corvette forum and asking people how you can spray paint your yellow Z06 to a darker color. It's just a dumb idea, and even dumber to ask us about it. I'd suggest finding an obscure woodworking forum that has no concept of the worth or importance for the speakers you're looking to mutilate.

Yep and you may want to put a potted plant on top of your speakers. And if you over water......not to worry you can grind out the white circles.

that's one of the wonderful things about the design of these speakers. My wife can't put anything on top of them. I think this is why Klipsch made them like that...

Fundamentally, this is like going to a Corvette forum and asking people how you can spray paint your yellow Z06 to a darker color. It's just a dumb idea, and even dumber to ask us about it. I'd suggest finding an obscure woodworking forum that has no concept of the worth or importance for the speakers you're looking to mutilate.

actually I'd really like to paint my Rally Yellow Camaro Synergy Green. I think it stinks that they discontinued that color...

Seriously, if you feel you need to do this, call Klipsch support and ask them. I believe the P-37 speakers have a lacquer finish, which can be dissolved. As previously mentioned, one of the Formby's products might work well for this. They used to have a refinisher that melted old/messed up finishes and smoothed it out. This type of mixture with a darker stain could get you the shade you want.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but they will be yours to do with what you want. Lord knows folks here have done weirder things.

Bruce

..."Thaddeus, I did not ask you personally to answer me, so sorry if you're dumb enough to waste your time on this topic"...

But...you asked me and I was dumb enough to waste my time on this topic.

I think we have spent enough time on this subject and with the OP.

It seems no matter what we say or said, he is going to re-finish the speakers anyway. He only wants to hear what pleases him.

Burn the Palladium to ashes if you wish! You'll get the ash gray color.

Edited by cheric
  • Like 1

I am assuming that this is a hoax.

But, the expresso seem to be the least desired finish, so staining natural to expresso is a bad move. I had asked about location because I have a set if Merlot 37's as surrounds, but I think that I will just keep them.

If anyone does any sanding, veneer is very thin these days. Much thinner than it ever was in the past. Sanding is a very bad idea.