Blu ray ideas

Cosmic_surfer

I am wondering if the community had a list of movies they really enjoy watching on their home theatres? I mentioned earlier that I got my receiver and television, and with wires on the way, the theatre will be ready to debut.

With that in mind, I would really like a blu ray experience that really shows off the theatre when it debuts. I plan to have over 10-15 people over when the theatre debuts, i just need some ideas for a movie that will leave a lasting impression.

For pretty much all involved this will be their first experience with klipsch (surprising how few have heard that name).

So far I have a small list, but wondered if people had any input.

-master and commander (heard this was an excellent demo movie)

-matrix

-twister (I think the tornadoes would sound awesome)

-Star Trek or Star Trek 2

-transformers (this seems to be the favorite here)

-brave heart

-oblivion (still haven't seen it so don't have a frame of reference)

Which movies should i focus my attention?

I have Star Trek 2, Out of Darkness in BD. It is a good movie and you don't have to be a trekkie to enjoy it.

The 7.1 sound is incredible, good dynamics, and I ran it on my 5.1 setup. My AVR sets the speakers to reference level at 82. If I ran it at 82 it would shatter my eardrums, 70 or so is a full sound level with dialog sounding at "normal" listening level.

+++

I have watched Master and Commander. I found it a bit slow moving, lots of yap yap yap, not much action.

Edited by wvu80

Master and commander. Great bass slow movie. Skip that one. If you want to just show off a certain aspect Avs has lots of threads regarding great surround sound effects, ultra LFE movies and etc.

To me, from my collection for a good movie and a great experience, avatar and tron are prolly my favorite as they both have stellar audio and video and also are just awesome movies. Transformer are fun to watch but get old quick cause I've seen them so many times.

I have about 550 blu rays and I have no problem saying tron and avatar, especially avatar that no home theater should be without.

Oh there is too many to list. Lone Survivor (war). The Conjuring (horror). Oblivion and Ender's Game (sci-fi). Avatar (sci-fi). Monsters University (kids). 310 to Yuma (western). Jack the Giant Slayer (adventure). Both Percy Jackson films (adventure). Lord of the RIngs (adventure). Rush (racing sport). Just a few that stand out for me.

I have to agree with Tron Legacy, it's the movie I had waiting for me when I got home and hooked up my sub. also the dark night I'm not sure which chapter but where they go underneath Gotham with the mayor when he is arrested, that whole chapter is amazing. I about jumped out of the couch when the shotgun goes off at the beginning of the chapter. Man of steel also had a lot of really great moments I especially like when he was trying to learn to fly in the Arctic and would land on the ice.

Surprised no one has mentioned Terminator Salvation, Cloverfield, Pacific Rim, Battle LA, Gravity, Hellboy II, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.....I could go on and on.

I will say when I'm testing my system I throw in Tron Legacy or Avatar. But, Terminator Salvation will be my new test disk. Awesome LFE.

My top 3 are 1) Plane Crash in "Flight of the Phoenix 2) Tron scene where he gets indside is taken to games 3) Canon firing on ships (recorded in Northern Michigan, BTW).

That Tron sequences of scenes goes from full throttle to quiet (with pretty women) to full throttle again and is my best LFE demo.

W_Tron_siren_2_1024x768.jpg

Edited by psg

HT audio, play any of the action scenes from Saving Private Ryan or Gladiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the sound in Gladiator was awful. Had to check several times to see if my subs were even playing. Besides the lack of LFE, IT sounds ok. I haven't watch SPR in a long time. Might have to throw that in when I get the new sub up and running.

My top 3 are 1) Plane Crash in "Flight of the Phoenix 2) Tron scene where he gets indside is taken to games 3) Canon firing on ships (recorded in Northern Michigan, BTW).

That Tron sequences of scenes goes from full throttle to quiet (with pretty women) to full throttle again and is my best LFE demo.

W_Tron_siren_2_1024x768.jpg

yeah scene 4 (first appears on the grid) to I think scene 8(right after the battle on the bikes) is just pure awesomeness. Easily my go to as well for showing off audio.