Cornscalas

paperboy117

got these from Bobs about 2 years ago, someone didn't come pick them up so i bought them... I think they could have been a pair of his test mules...they don't have a finish on them, not sure what kind of board on them, (maybe he can tell us) high density MDFmaybe? it's heavy for sure.... they sound awesome, i rotated them in and out with a pair of cornwalls... but my son is turning 16 and will be needing a car soon, some things need to be sold, i felt my cornwalls are a more forgiving and not as revealing speaker and i can play more didrent types of music on them... that being said.... these are awesome for sure... jazz and classical music sound awesome... 700 cash or paypal, local pickup in macon, ga... i can't see shipping these... i also going to sell a few other things in another listing

post-55974-0-68260000-1406328910_thumb.j

post-55974-0-62740000-1406328925_thumb.j

post-55974-0-32100000-1406328941_thumb.j

post-55974-0-93180000-1406328959_thumb.j

post-55974-0-31660000-1406328973_thumb.j

post-55974-0-83220000-1406329070_thumb.j

• Like 2

ok, i emailed Bob about the board material these speakers are made of, this is the reply

bruce
Those are made of a material called MDO. Medium Density Overlay. The core is plywood with a coating of MDF. The cabinets were made by Chris Munson. At the Klipsch gathering in Hope in (I think) 2006, Chris brought the cabinets and I brought the internals and we assembled them in Hope and demonstrated them to the people attending the gathering. They were one pair of the first two pair of Cornscala prototypes built in the Cornwall size cabinet. Lots of forum members and lots of Klipsch employees have seen and heard those speakers.

If you look closely at the top edge corners, you can see the very complex joint the Chris made for joining the material.

Thanks,

Bob Crites

• Like 1

ok, i emailed Bob about the board material these speakers are made of, this is the reply

bruce

Those are made of a material called MDO. Medium Density Overlay. The core is plywood with a coating of MDF. The cabinets were made by Chris Munson. At the Klipsch gathering in Hope in (I think) 2006, Chris brought the cabinets and I brought the internals and we assembled them in Hope and demonstrated them to the people attending the gathering. They were one pair of the first two pair of Cornscala prototypes built in the Cornwall size cabinet. Lots of forum members and lots of Klipsch employees have seen and heard those speakers.

If you look closely at the top edge corners, you can see the very complex joint the Chris made for joining the material.

Thanks,

Bob Crites

Hey guys don't forget me. I worked on them as well......Pix of me inside with a screw gun........Putting in the networks I think ?

tc

• Like 1

i sold a pair of jbl 3411wxa with the cornscalas, pending a tuesday road trip meeting.... both pair for 900

my son will get a decent car...lol sold a boat saturday, think i have a bite on 2 dirt track racing karts i listed an hour ago

post-55974-0-21920000-1406511199_thumb.j

Edited by paperboy117
  • Like 1

Macon is very close to where I grew up, Vidalia.

Shakey

i work at the plant hatch power station sometimes... i work the outages (sometimes) every spring unless i'm mad at them, then i go to a diderent plant instead...

Vidalia still produces the sweetest onions on the planet.

Panel_2.jpg

I was visiting my mom and friends in Macon from 7/16 to 7/19.

Left my 25 year home in Macon back in October 89. Love to visit and hook up with life long friends.

Did you ever work Plant Sherer in Juliette? My buddies and I used to swim and scuba dive in Lake Juliette.

I guess I missed out on a great deal, sort of. Even if the Cornscalas were for sale when I was visiting Macon, I know the Ford Focus we rented would not have been able to bring them home to Florida.

Bill

Edited by willland