Dear Klipsch

• Moderators
Quiet_Hollow, on 10 Oct 2014 - 1:40 PM, said:

Enter the La Scala II. 

Belle-like appearance, with the performance of the La Scala.

To me the LaScala ll are just as nice looking as the Belles, the belle's are pretty.

Had a chance to buy a set of LaScala ll's for an unbelievable price, but I was in the middle of buying other speakers and didn't have the money. :(

Edited by dtel

So if I'm a big fan of the very "forward" sound typical of klipsch, I may prefer the La Scala?

If the Belle has a shorter midrange horn, that should mean that it has a more laidback sound, right?

I just love the big, "horny", in-your-face sound. That's why I kept my RF-35s and sold my RF-82s.

• Like 1

I've always wondered about the sound of the Belle vs the La Scala because I hear people go both ways.

In what way does the LaScala sound better to you?

I would like to know as well, does the Belle's side walls buzz like the Lascala. 

My La Scala's don't buzz even at blistering levels I think it is your head that buzzes!  You don't even own a pair.  ;)

Edited by Frzninvt

• Moderators
So if I'm a big fan of the very "forward" sound typical of klipsch, I may prefer the La Scala? If the Belle has a shorter midrange horn, that should mean that it has a more laidback sound, right? I just love the big, "horny", in-your-face sound. That's why I kept my RF-35s and sold my RF-82s.

You really need some LaScalas you big horndog, the way you describe what you like, there perfect for you. :emotion-21:

I have never heard Belles so I can't say.

Edited by dtel

So if I'm a big fan of the very "forward" sound typical of klipsch, I may prefer the La Scala? If the Belle has a shorter midrange horn, that should mean that it has a more laidback sound, right? I just love the big, "horny", in-your-face sound. That's why I kept my RF-35s and sold my RF-82s.

You really need some LaScalas you big horndog, the way you describe what you like, there perfect for you. :emotion-21:

I have never heard Belles so I can't say.

+1  You'd love LaScalas!

I imagine the "buzz"  or resonance of the LaScala is going to vary depending on the condition of the speakers.  I'd heard someone refer to them as "fart boxes" which I thought was a little extreme.  My 1976 versions had spent their life up in a choir loft performing organ duty and were pretty dried out.  I understood what the guy was saying until I resealed them and installed braces.  They sound excellent now!

My understanding is the sidewalls of the LaScala resonate.  Whether or not it's audible (perhaps someone listens at lower levels?) might be another thing.

I DO however, know that in the case of the actively biamped JubeScala (2-way with K510 or K402 on top) Roy programmed a PEQ at 148 Hz, -7 db's with a Q of 8.

He did this to tame the sidewalls.  Others add the horizontal brace.  Klipsch merged the LaScala & Belle and came out with the LaScala II with the thicker walls.

So if I'm a big fan of the very "forward" sound typical of klipsch, I may prefer the La Scala?

If the Belle has a shorter midrange horn, that should mean that it has a more laidback sound, right?

I just love the big, "horny", in-your-face sound. That's why I kept my RF-35s and sold my RF-82s.

My klipsch do not sound like that (honky in your face), Heritage or otherwise. 

• Like 1

The La Scala vibration issue mentioned is very real. Some feel the sidewalls vibrate, others the dog house walls.  Whatever is vibrating, the braces between the sidewalls and the dog house in the speakers shown in the attachments stopped an annoying artifact ("buzz" or ""rattle") that was clearly present at high SPLs.

It was even more annoying at high speeds. :-))

Yes, IMO, Belle is the prettiest speaker Klipsch, or any other company, ever made.

post-6832-0-90180000-1413049546_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-02940000-1413049672_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Not honky, but if not "in-your-face", maybe you've forgotten what normal speakers sound like?

Not honky, but if not "in-your-face", maybe you've forgotten what normal speakers sound like?

:wacko: Maybe. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a BEAUTIFUL pair of Belles 1982 in Red Oak, picking them up tomorrow. Went to see them at the seller's home and they could not be told from new except for the Crites crossover update. What a score!!! I'll post pics once I get them home.

• Like 3