Fined for not loving BOSE

oscarsear

Colin Kaepernick, the QB for the SF 49's has been fined $10K by the NFL simply for being seen using a pair of headphones that were not the NFL (bought and paid for) BOSE brand.  Colin had the nerve to walk into the stadium wearing another brand of headphone (one he personally prefers) and it got reported back to the powers @ NFL - HEADPHONE CENTRAL.  The punishment was swift and expensive.

Pretty thin skinned and just terrible for public relations.  "BOSE - so bad - I'd rather be fined than use them."

• Like 1

Maybe if he was to stomp the $h!++ out of them before wearing them.  Another thought would be to contact the NFL and give your own opinion.  Let then know that you plan to Call the other advertisers and tell them not only are you going to boycott their products that air on the NFL, but your going to ask your friends,   Family,  coworkers, and maybe even customers.  

Tell them the only way you will change your mind is if they give him the money back, and not require anyone to use Blows equipment.

After all the only thing these companies care about is the Dollar! 

the NFL just signed a massive endorsement deal with Bose, which includes exclusive product placement during certain hours of game day, etc. I'm sure a great deal is at risk if the players don't conform. Personally, I think that's a very small price to pay for suckling access on the NFL teat. Don't like it? Give up your millions and get a day job like the rest of us where you can wear crappy Beats headphones all day long.

• Like 2

had a family member that was a professional cyclist...raced against the big boys armstrong and the likes ... my family member had a long standing personal endorsement with Oakley.  He joins a racing team that is sponsored by another sunglass company--they tell him that he has to wear the team sponsors glasses.  family member refuses. I didn't ask why; but, i will guess that the personal sponsorship of Oakley was better than the team sponorship by the other place. End result--he raced in Oakleys, the rest of the team wore the others.

That 10k fine was about 1/4 of a days pay, I doubt if he misses it. Dr Dre made 620 million last year on headphone sales. 

Who was the young LA Lakers player that Magic fined $500 for not wearing a tie? He wrote Magic a check for 10k, then said "let me know when that money runs out, then I'll write you another check"….Magic wasn't impressed.

• Like 1

• Administrators

All the headlines say "Beats headphones banned from NFL by Bose", in reality it is ALL non-Bose headphones. I wish the media reported that ALL other headphones were banned. Kinda dumb to just say Beats.

A lot of players (like Kaepernick) have endorsement deals with headphone companies like Beats. Klipsch has Robert Mathis and Andrew Luck.

• Administrators

All the headlines say "Beats headphones banned from NFL by Bose", in reality it is ALL non-Bose headphones. I wish the media reported that ALL other headphones were banned. Kinda dumb to just say Beats.

I would assume this has an impact on the Klipsch/Indianapolis Colts partnership, yes?

Unsure at this time. Perhaps @Alex L could shed some light, if possible, since that falls a little within his realm. But I wouldn't count on any info coming from that guy. He's just unreliable as all get out.

A lot of players (like Kaepernick) have endorsement deals with headphone companies like Beats. Klipsch has Robert Mathis and Andrew Luck.

For all the TREMENDOUS publicity both Beats and Bose have gotten from this really minor violation, Klipsch should PAY Andrew Luck to wear his Klipsch headphones to the next game!  The $10,000 fine would give Klipsch MILLIONS in advertising and name exposure.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1