My 1000th post on this?.....

jimjimbo

I had really hoped to make my 1000th post on this forum much more positive (at least from my perspective), but I guess it's not going to happen....

This whole "Loud and Cheap" thing honestly burns my a$$, and I don't think it''s warranted at all, and for someone that's been here for (only) 1000 posts, I think is somewhat insulting.

Let's total up the asking prices of items in the garage sale section over the last say, 6 months....cheap?  Hardly.

Let's total up the value of those that are brave enough to show off their Home Theaters....cheap?  Hardly.

Let's even begin to imagine the value of the systems of those that are actively involved in this forum....cheap?  Yea, right.

Let's consider the Sony, Realistic, Primus, (new) Fisher, etc, etc, etc. components and speakers that have been offered (or even discussed) here......almost none.....Cheap?  No.

Sure, I can imagine that years ago when this forum was a very close society, if you want to call it that, that there were many great ethereal technical discussions.  Fine.  There are still huge amounts of great technical discussions that happen between Claude, Colter, Dean, Moray and on and on and on.....only the names (may have) change (d)........

Tastes change, fortunes change, technology certainly changes....accept it.  People are looking for value, quality at a good price, a deal.....what's wrong with that?

You think other forums look down on this one?  Yea, so what....look at their content.....

For all of those that build components for us, and all of those that trade and sell entire systems, speakers, receivers, tubes, cables, etc, etc.  Thank you for all you've done for the Klipsch community and for those of us that love music and all of the fun stuff that goes along with it.  Keep it going.

• Like 3

jim, I guess I missed something.........was someone making disparaging comments about klipsch being "loud and cheap?"

Sounds that way but I can't find anything on google. :)  

In regards to the cheap thing as it relates to this forum, at least here people have a little bit of taste and know what works in a technical way.  Elsewhere I usually end up thinking I'm primarily surrounded by 17 year olds.  Which, may be true.  

• Like 1

jim, I guess I missed something.........was someone making disparaging comments about klipsch being "loud and cheap?"

Sounds that way but I can't find anything on google. :)

In regards to the cheap thing as it relates to this forum, at least here people have a little bit of taste and know what works in a technical way.  Elsewhere I usually end up thinking I'm primarily surrounded by 17 year olds.  Which, may be true.  

I WISH!!! I got a pr of frye boots that are older! LOL!

• Moderators
I had really hoped to make my 1000th post on this forum much more positive

It really makes NO difference what your 1000th post is on, just think of all the good ones getting to 1000, your way ahead. :emotion-21:  

Loud? If I want them to be.

Cheap? I wish!

Good? Matter of opinion; to each their own.

1993-present

Klipschorns

Belles

LaScalas

Cornwall

Chorus ii

Quartet

Forte ii

Academy

Heresy

Heresy ii

RF-83

RC-64

RS-7

RB-1.5

KPT-100

Stock

ALK

Crites

DeanG

Volti

1973-1993

Pioneer HPM

Sansui

Bose 901

Miller & Kriesel

So I really don't have much experience with others.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

Do I think Klipsch are the absolute best?  No.  I'm not so cynical that I think one thing is "best."  Working in retail specialty stores of any variety should teach someone that.

Do I think Klipsch are cheap?  Absolutely not.

However, do I think Klipsch are good speakers?  Absolutely.  Great even.  For what I enjoy, they sound the way I want them to sound.  For the money I spent, they sound the way I'd expect them to sound.

The last line there is the ONLY line of this post that should matter.  And to me, it is.  Klipsch on!

• Like 2

man.......I'm sometimes glad I'm NOT what anyone would consider an "audiophile!"

I always go with what my ears think, not specs. I'm sure an "audiophile" could tear my systems new ones, and I'm okay with that!

audiophile........what's that.....I just own a bunch of speakers(mostly Klipsch) a bunch of amps(mostly Carver) all kinds of other audio gear........and no way am I an audiophile......it's just my toys that sound really good.....lol lol
  • Like 1

To do list:

Buy Klipschorns

Re-cap with Sonicaps

Buy a high power Crown pro-sound amp

Connect Android or Iphone for source

Enjoy!

I recently got a Crown XLS1500 and it's less than 9 lbs with 300 wpc @ 8 ohms.

They make any, even the inefficient ones LOUD. :D

Me likey!

• Moderators
Turbox, on 30 Oct 2014 - 7:35 PM, said:

my speakers are loud and cheap...

:pwk_bs:  on the cheap part.............well compared to some out there maby, and I guess for the sound quality they really are cheap.