Most Tragic Rock N Rollers Death

Ceptorman

How about Harry Chapin, not old at all, and don't forget the only singer who Elvis refused to have open a show for him …..at age 52, Roy Orbison just as he was restarting his career.  Also my favorite composer, dead of a brain tumor at 38, George Gershwin.

Edited by Dr Morbius

How about Ronnie Van Zandt, ejected from the plane's fuselage right smack into a tree.

Also wasn't there a British guitarist who was electrocuted onstage while performing involving a wet stage & bad wiring?

"Les" Harvey from Stone The Crows. Wet hands & an unearthed microphone.

Edited by Stephen Schaffer

I looked through and I have not seen anyone mention Duane Allman, sorry if they did and I missed it. He was a true talent and masterful guitarist. Motorcycle accident would most certainly qualify for tragic. **correction, I did find Duanes name earlier in the list**

http://www.groundguitar.com/duane-allman-guitars-and-gear/

post-53642-0-99480000-1424400171_thumb.j

Edited by philly0116
  • Like 2

I'm going with Buddy Holly. He was only 22, but had a whole bunch of hits already. His music is everywhere, even today. Imagine what he could've accomplished.

You look at a body of work, like, say Cash was able to put out with all the years he had. Had he died early none of the American Recordings with Rick Rubin would have taken place and that's arguably his greatest work, right at the end of his life. That gives us some type of clue as to what amount of work we missed out on from the ones that left early, everyone on this list could have had just killer later in life recordings as well as very good albums along the way. Imagine going next week to hear Buddy Holly play a sold out show in Memphis! Part of the mystique of most of the names on the list though is their seemingly untimely demise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...