wow...4 KP-301's $400.

angusruler

"Call dibs"?  What is this, 3rd grade?  Secondly, unless someone specifically shows their location, there is no way to know where they are, so "local" means nothing.....

Bottom line, if you have interest in something, and don't want half the free world to know about it, DON'T put it in the Alerts!  Simple as that.

The first one who said he wants them and is trying to get them wasn't the one who post it on here. If this is the family of people we call friends, then respect should be extended, IMHO.

form cl poster......."I have no plan on doing a bidding war, as mentioned in the ad, its 400 and cash only. If folks can't come up with that then no sale. Also, I will set schedule for this folks since there is at least 20 folks that are interested with this. I will mention to meet at a location which is also at the same location where a state cop station is at for safety. Thanks for your concern."

HUH? what, is he gonna have an elimination cage match to determine which of the 20 get them?! I'm sure the state police will appreciate him using their parking lot for his cash transactions!!

"Call dibs"?  What is this, 3rd grade?  Secondly, unless someone specifically shows their location, there is no way to know where they are, so "local" means nothing.....

Bottom line, if you have interest in something, and don't want half the free world to know about it, DON'T put it in the Alerts!  Simple as that.

I put it in the alerts thinking some one here would like them.

I'm not the seller.

LOL

This isn't going to end well for anyone.

Kinda like the Kansas City RF-83s for 600 dollars that turned into 1600 dollars once 20 people contacted him.

yea, I guess my free chorus II's were a once in a lifetime thing.

at least the "seller" had the integrity to stand by his word that the spkrs were free, even though he did receive cash offers.

The first one who said he wants them and is trying to get them wasn't the one who post it on here. If this is the family of people we call friends, then respect should be extended, IMHO.

I said jokingly that if Mustang Guy wanted to do a road trip to pick them up, I'd go with him.  If I (or Mustang Guy, who had NOTHING to do with my post) really wanted to buy those speakers, it was have been dumb to post anything publicly.

I'm not so sure I agree with jweber about "family of friends" and all that, but its a gentle disagreement, a disagreement in reasoning.  The reason being (speaking generally, not in this case specifically) that just because someone is a poster here, it doesn't necessarily mean they will follow through with the sale.  It could be travel becomes an issue, maybe the heart was there but not the funds, and of course there is the ever-present threat of a veto from one's better half!  :rolleyes:

I think if a person wants to respond to an ad, they should do so.  Let the seller sort out the buyers.

it sure is funny how complicated simple things get on this forum! do something nice, and there is ALWAYS someone who finds fault.

of course I want the spkrs.....who on this forum doesn't? just not feasible now....which is why I did the incredibly selfless act of posting the sale. (yes, tongue is firmly in cheek!) that means I'm kidding!

• Like 2

it sure is funny how complicated simple things get on this forum! do something nice, and there is ALWAYS someone who finds fault.

Don't remember anyone finding fault with anyone else.

of course I want the spkrs.....who on this forum doesn't? (Not me) just not feasible now....which is why I did the incredibly selfless act of posting the sale. (yes, tongue is firmly in cheek!) that means I'm kidding!