Maybe I'm Amazed.....?

TasDom

I've always been a pour smeller.

That's because you don't smell.  I smell, you stink.  :P

(It always cracks me up when I can point out to someone the grammatical ambiguity of a verb which is both transitive and intransitive.  :lol:  )  

/grammer nazi

+++

And I don't care who you are, that there Mung post of the Jess Greenberg Men Version ^^^ was funny.  :D

Accept (sic) that "Smeller" is a noun.

Accept (sic) that "Smeller" is a noun.

Dear heavens, I didn't think it was possible, but I think I've been out-nerded!  :o

And "yes," even though I'm from West Virginia, I do know the difference between "accept" and "except."  :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I don't find it unusual for any artist to display their talent and looks.  When a person has both, that's sometimes referred to as the "it" factor.

The young lady sang a fairly easy song and I felt her vocals were average to below average.  The guitar playing was rudimentary at best, and she obviously paid attention to her visual presentation which seemed appropriate for a female performer.

What I found objectionable was the terrible recording.  The audio was awful, the acoustics in the room was awful.  It looked like she set up an iPhone and put it on a table.

I'm not getting the impression that the audio quality needs to be better. Or, maybe she has absolutely no clue of how to get better audio quality. Or, maybe she does but hasn't been able to justify spending more money just to obtain it for making videos in her bedroom. Besides, the audio quality of this video alone is more than good enough to hear her talent.

The tools to record decent audio are not the least bit expensive and would have cost a lot less than the surgery. There is no tone in her guitar. The older Martin she plays in some of her other videos sounds a lot better.

Technically proficient on guitar and vocals, but absolutely no soul... She's only 20.

While looking for something else on YT, I came across all these great shows done by the BBC. James Taylor in 1970, superb audio as you might expect from them. This a.m. I just finished one of Joni Mitchell, from 1970, when she was 27. Incredible wordsmith, good pianist and guitarist and she has impeccable timing.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 1

• Moderators

She is classified as a Youtube personality, What the heck is that?

Market share.

So is there money in that?

For some there is.

http://www.wikihow.com/Earn-Money-on-YouTube

http://www.businessinsider.com/richest-youtube-stars-2014-3

I looked at the wikihow, which confirmed my understanding, you make money by allowing ads. But you cannot use ads on material which is copyrighted.

we don't know anything about her and that it's not fair to have any assumptions on who she is because we haven't even met her.

I don't need to meet someone to judge their actions.  Should she or anyone else care what I think?  No.  Should I be allowed to judge?  For myself, yes but my judgment has no weight as far as she or anyone else is concerned.  I'm not convicting or acquitting her of anything, just expressing MY thoughts on a video.  It's basically just my opinion, nothing more. 

But you cannot use ads on material which is copyrighted.

Brings up an interesting question, because technically you're supposed to pay royalties when you play covers, and you're supposed to have a mechanical license when recording.  Curious as to if she does this.  

Also curious as to how bad Prince would flip out if she did one of his songs.  

For those who don't play guitar, a short explanation.  Only those purposely trying to do something visually or just really don't know any better will strum with their elbows.  The right way to strum a guitar is by twisting your forearm.  You bend your wrist slightly while doing this and it makes for a smooth motion that is very efficient.  You should be able to throw your hand all over the place without your bicep and tricep flexing much at all.  You shouldn't see somebody keeping their wrist and forearm locked but flexing at the elbows.  You especially shouldn't see this then be amazed by their talent.  

And yet you insist on conveying that she's just an innocent young girl, haphazardly displaying her sexuality without any concept of how it's perceived - and that such action is surely unintentional... without knowing her personally.

Oh come on, she's just a sweet innocent girl trying to make some music.  Any additional connotations are purely unintentional.  

10608153_1521050544794413_1031559005_n.j

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I guess my deal is, I don't know her personally, so it feels unfair if I try to make any assumptions about her.

Same girl below.  What part of this outfit do you think is "unintentional"?   :)

How is anyone factoring the European attitudes toward sexuality being more open where other countries look at the United States as being in a constant state of sexual prudery or a constant state of sexual ogling and leering? :ph34r2:  

Although, I know I'm the center of "my universe," maybe in the UK she is considered conservatively dressed. :ohmy:

Edited by Fjd

And yet you insist on conveying that she's just an innocent young girl, haphazardly displaying her sexuality without any concept of how it's perceived - and that such action is surely unintentional... without knowing her personally.

Oh come on, she's just a sweet innocent girl trying to make some music.  Any additional connotations are purely unintentional.  

10608153_1521050544794413_1031559005_n.j

If she is allowing that dumpster diver/wanna be Rave DJ that close to her "stuff" and she still has that big of a smile on her face, then I draw question about the things she regrets in the past, although maybe nothing? 

One thing is for sure, she knows where her bread is buttered and her voice and guitar is certainly not doing it.