Locking Threads "due to bad personnel attacks"

mikebse2a3

• Moderators

Again, it has nothing to do with what any one did. It's just the policy and we have to enforce it. ...If we overlook it it gets taken to the extreme sometimes.

You are correct Hogfan, there is a time and a place for everything....some things are best not discussed from behind a keypad.

I think putting political thoughts in writing and defending important positions VERY beneficial to keeping a record between debaters and posters honest...That said, I wouldn't have gotten involved in that thread if the first post wasn't so obviously political and sometimes I can't help but give a second opinion. ;)

Precisely, no one else can help themselves either, which is presumably why they are not allowed.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Cardinal

They used to be the Indians in his day.
They were when I was a kid. So that would probably be another subject that PMK would weigh in on, whether they should have changed their name. Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I think the forum may have started off as a marketing tool and took on it's own life growing bigger than ever expected. ?

If I had to guess it's still somewhat a marketing tool but not always a great one, just depends on how new people are treated. It looks like most new people are greeted very well, but on rare occasion not so much.

Really everyone has read at times things that are really not in Klipsch best interest in any way, but it is never covered up or deleted. They have very few rules considering the amount of people here and a crazy amount of topics and opinion's.

Is it that hard to follow the few rules they actually have ? Then to whine about it at the same time doing there best to wiggle around the rules at every chance.

I have tried to stay out of most of this, somewhat because it usually works itself out but for some reason it has become worse and ongoing to the point of some leaving, this is sad.

If you have a problem being at the least respectful something's wrong, profanity, politics and religion should be easy. If you have a problem with the 3 simple rules fine you have the right, but don't whine when it's changed or worse.

It's 3 simple rules, it does not say you need to agree or like a post or the person posting, giving a different opinion or a reason why you disagree is expected really, but with respect for the other opinion, yours may be wrong who knows ?

Sorry but I just got tired of all the rudeness, excuses and whining, it reminds me of when our 3 girls were small, cat fighting for no reason.

Reply how ever you want, but you know it's unnecessary. If you like to argue just to argue find another place to do that it's getting old here.

Now there is a moderator who sounds like he has a pair, of 402's on top of hugh bass bins. Way to make a call Detel. No ambiguity, no cheeky comments, just straight forward coon As s common sense.

• Moderators

Well thanks, I type like I talk (almost), which is plain and simple, and about the coonass common sense, it's all I know and I'm to old to go out of my way to sound smarter, not interested. Correct spelling and grammar doesn't matter to me either, feel no need to impress anyone, just don't care, drives my wife crazy. :lol:  

Really I haven't said much and was getting tired of all the whining, excuses and finger pointing like a bunch of teenagers. 

3 rules, it's not much to ask. 

• Like 2

To be clear, moderators don't troll threads looking to step in and censor.  Action is normally generated due to multiple complaints reported to the moderating crew from fellow forum members.  For whatever reason there have been a higher than normal amount of complaints lately.

• Like 1

Mark, context is everything. This is a message board established for the discussion of audio related issues. It's not part of the Wild Wild West of the Internet where people can freely discuss any and all form of subject matter based on their own rule sets. Maybe you should purchase your own server and software and start your own forum. Being a member here is not a right, it's a privilege.

I know from personal experience that the moderators are very good at letting a lot of things slide. I've been trying to look at my more recent posts from their point of view, and I think I'm finally beginning to understand how difficult their job is -- which is protecting both the interests of Klipsch as well as the opinions and feelings of the forum members.

We both know we tend to go over the top sometimes (others too), and we need to stop or this place is going to keep dying its slow painful death. People don't come out here for BS and drama, they come out to discuss audio related subject matter and to get help -- two things you are very good at. I know people come out here and leave after a few days. I know this because they tell me both in email conversations and phone calls. The petty juvenile drama is killing this place, and I feel terrible that I've contributed to it.

• Like 2

this place is going to keep dying its slow painful death

It's not slow nor painful.  It seems to be doing just fine.  Think way back to when dragonfyr or mas was here.  If that couldn't kill it nothing could.

Sorry to butt in to a post not meant for me, but I feel these two points should be made.

To be clear, moderators don't troll threads looking to step in and censor.  Action is normally generated due to multiple complaints reported to the moderating crew from fellow forum members.  For whatever reason there have been a higher than normal amount of complaints lately.

Usually when you get a few complaints, there are more people thinking the same thing but, didn't take the initative to make a complaint. ;)

• Like 1