Freddie Mercury schools Kanye West

Islander

Best concert i've ever seen as well.

Curious what music he would be doing today...he didnt want to stand still. He once said of his music to listen to it, then discard it and wait for the next one. He also said about his older stuff that he didnt wish to think of it or write of it. I had trouble understanding that until my brother, an artist, told me that he would be bored if he had to keep painting the same thing over and over.

A lot of artists hate their old stuff, not necessarily out of boredom, but they see it is a constant embarassing and cringe-worthy reminder of how dumb and naive they were, wishing they could go back and change stuff. They go along with it because it pays the bills but that's about it. Bon Jovi readily admits to this. It's not just music though, both Carrie Fisher and Alec Guinness hates Star Wars, Halle Berry hates Catwoman, etc. Seems like I read back in the day in an interview that Slash said he would change the channel if a Guns and Roses song came on the radio, and that was before the riff with Axl.

A lot of musicians feel that way.  I've heard Joe Walsh say that he wouldn't have written The Bomber if he'd known he'd have to keep playing it for the rest of his life.  Gordon Lightfoot doesn't like listening to The Canadian Railroad Trilogy, because he keeps hearing how out of tune one of the guitars is.

It's probably worst when a performer or band is best known for one song.  I saw Outkast perform Hey Ya on TV a few times when it was a major hit.  They'd have different outfits on each time, but you'd hear Andre or Big Boi say "Okay, let's do this thing", and they'd sound really tired of it.

I can top that, I was on a plane coming back from Europe and had a guy bet me that Michael Jackson owned all of the Beatles songs--What a moron!

Not sure about all but definitely some.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2014/06/02/buying-the-beatles-inside-michael-jacksons-best-business-bet/2/ 

Bill

I can top that, I was on a plane coming back from Europe and had a guy bet me that Michael Jackson owned all of the Beatles songs--What a moron!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2014/06/02/buying-the-beatles-inside-michael-jacksons-best-business-bet/2/

Bill

I know. ^_^ I was the moron.

• Like 1

Bill

I know. ^_^ I was the moron.

I guess I should have gotten clarification first. :unsure:   The way you worded it sounded like he was the moron. :D

If I am not mistaken, Paul will again obtain the rights to the catalog in 2018.

Bill

It's probably worst when a performer or band is best known for one song.  I saw Outkast perform Hey Ya on TV a few times when it was a major hit.  They'd have different outfits on each time, but you'd hear Andre or Big Boi say "Okay, let's do this thing", and they'd sound really tired of it.

Reminds me of the Webber Strut on Hot Tub Time Machine 2. :)

We saw "News of the World" at the Rosemont and the show blew us away, from the lighting to the music it was brilliant. KW maybe should try something a little easier like whatever they call scratching the sh*t out of 2 albums running them back and forth

Mark

• Like 1

I recognize his music but, I am bad with names and faces.  Once someone ask me to name the four Bettles and I could only get three.  We were in a foregin country and my friend said, everyone knows their name.  I said not everybody so, I randomly ask a couple of strangers and he was right, lol, everyone we ask new their names. :(

I've never heard of the Bettles :D

I saw Queen live 4 times, late 70s, early 80s, always the best show of the year. I liked how the mixed it up….part of the show in the gowns and capes playing the softer stuff, then a wardrobe change into black leather and rocked the place.

• Like 3

So, that is Freddie Mercury. I never new what he looked like.

Mercury was a Parsi born in the Sultanate of Zanzibar and grew up there and in India...

Freddie-Mercury-freddie-mercury-13844867

His father worked for the British consulate and the family moved to the UK. Freddy became the consumate Englishman and is very highly revered in the UK and throughout the Commonwealth to this day. Edited by YK Thom
  • Like 2

Don't beat yourself up, Ringo is pretty forgettable.

Not according to Rolling Stone where their readers "ranked" him #5 on the "Best Drummers of All Time" list. :D  :wacko:  :emotion-45:

Bill

The Rolling Stones readers would be wrong.  B)

Ringo, thanks to his weird name is certainly one of the most recognizable drummers, but he is mediocre at best.

• Like 1

http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/john-lennon/ringo-isnt-even-the-best-drummer-in-the-band/

Don't beat yourself up, Ringo is pretty forgettable.

Not according to Rolling Stone where their readers "ranked" him #5 on the "Best Drummers of All Time" list. :D  :wacko:  :emotion-45:

Bill

http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/john-lennon/ringo-isnt-even-the-best-drummer-in-the-band/ this is funny Edited by Johnthang

Kanye why is he even somewhat popular ? 0 talent ?

I checked him out on line. If This post never happened, I never would have done it. I have seen him before and always had Zero interest in his arrogance. As far as talent,I don't know, cant get past his personality.
  • Like 1