Who's in your Top 5?

kapsnb01

I'm sure something similar has been done at some point, but as I was browsing the forum this afternoon I started thinking about this.  What I'm wondering is who's your Top 5 artists/bands - the ones you keep coming back to.  They don't have to be the "greatest", "best", or "most influential".  They're just the artists/bands that you always want to listen to more of and you just enjoy their music.  No right/wrong answers...just curious and hopefully will discover some new favorites along the way.

FWIW...my Top 5 (in no particular order) -

Eagles

The Who

Foo Fighters

Metallica

The Beatles

Sit me down in a comfortable chair with a beverage and I could listen to any disc from any of those 5 on repeat.  Honorable mention to Led Zeppelin...something about Jimmy Page playing guitar...(so yes...I already broke my own rule and gave out 6...sue me...)

• Like 2

Kapsn, great idea for topic :excl:

Started thinkin about it, then really tried to sort through it in my mind, "No Can Do"

40+ years of rockin and tryin to think into the Favs? Hell No.

Your lookin at a guy that go's for just about everything except "RAP".

And the wife feels the same to boot!

A rough outline to follow:

From Ricky Nelson to the yeah,Yeah,Yeahs.

From Mischa Maisky to AC/DC.

From Chubby Checker to Patsy Cline.

From Mozart to Gaelic Storm.

My Latest is a chick that plays some of the best Pipe Organs in the world, and in her honor will post my Fav crankin tune.

https://youtu.be/46SWrxVgElo

All played at a level that would make PWK Proud. (just ask any neighbor)

• Like 3

Kapsn, great idea for topic :excl:

Started thinkin about it, then really tried to sort through it in my mind, "No Can Do"

40+ years of rockin and tryin to think into the Favs? Hell No.

Your lookin at a guy that go's for just about everything except "RAP".

And the wife feels the same to boot!

A rough outline to follow:

From Ricky Nelson to the yeah,Yeah,Yeahs.

From Mischa Maisky to AC/DC.

From Chubby Checker to Patsy Cline.

From Mozart to Gaelic Storm.

My Latest is a chick that plays some of the best Pipe Organs in the world, and in her honor will post my Fav crankin tune.

https://youtu.be/46SWrxVgElo

All played at a level that would make PWK Proud. (just ask any neighbor)

I probably spend way too much money on music, but there's not much better than coming home from work, sitting in a comfortable chair, and listening to really good music (at a level that will piss off the neighbors!)

• Like 2

2.  Cold Play

Every time I hear something from them or try to watch their concert on Netflix, my reaction is like, I can tell the band probably knows music theory and can hold a note, and the singer is into it, and for some strange reason all these college chicks are _really_ digging it, but I just can't get into it. The one song I can halfway dig was a blatant ripoff from Joe Satriani.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1