Who's in your Top 5?

kapsnb01

Lots of great music on here. Pretty interesting that it's fairly heavy on the rock and roll side...lots more metal than I thought there'd be.

One for me that I haven't seen, or maybe missed...Ozzy...can listen to Blizzard of Ozz and No More Tears albums a ton.

Irvine outdoor theater, had a limo and a chick that doubled for cher, front row, randy roads, blizzard album tour.

• Like 3

Lots of great music on here. Pretty interesting that it's fairly heavy on the rock and roll side...lots more metal than I thought there'd be.

One for me that I haven't seen, or maybe missed...Ozzy...can listen to Blizzard of Ozz and No More Tears albums a ton.

Irvine outdoor theater, had a limo and a chick that doubled for cher, front row, randy roads, blizzard album tour.

That would be the old Irvine Meadows, right Mark?  Honestly, i’m not making this up…i saw REO Speedwagon there back in 1981.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

That would be the old Irvine Meadows, right Mark?  Honestly, i’m not making this up…i saw REO Speedwagon there back in 1981.

Yes, you are correct, thank god iv been out of the OC long enough to forget the name of the place!

This is where i learned about scalpers, if your willing to pay the price, and i was, name your seat and you got it. never missed anyone i wanted to see..

Areosmith, ZZ, clapton, alice cooper, quite riot, black sabbath, ozzy X3, know there were more, just cannot remember them all.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, when that irvine medows first opened, my roommate said hey mark, we go there and jump the fence next door, walk a little ways then climb into the theater, sounds good Dan, let's do it!

Dan neglected to inform me we were climbing into the Zoo, and indeed right into a cage, some kind of african wild dog and there were a lot of them, trust me, we made it to the theater fence in record time and both our legs were bleeding from critter bites and the fence.  needless to say that was just about the last time i was a mindless kid.

P.S. to this day, Dan will NOT friend me on FB, he still feels that bad........  

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

I haven’t been there since that REO show…i think they call it the Verizon Amphitheater now. There was probably a lot of open space back then…go across the freeway now and there is a huge mall complex--Irvine Spectrum.  Don’t make it that far south very often.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you will check my initial post, I listed Ozzy as my number 1 pick!

I have 15 Ozzy CDs and several Black Sabaths as well.

I have been listening to Michael Ozborn since he was with Black Sabath, back in the 8-track, cassette days!

Roger

What is your favorite Black Sabbath album?

• Like 1

Number 1 since before my teenage years is -

Deep Purple

2. Rainbow

3. Jethro Tull

4. Rush

5.Dave Brubeck Quartet

Honorable mention, almost any band from the Deep Purple family tree. Especially of late much of Jon Lord's symphonic compostions .

John

• Like 1

Boy, this is a tough one since I have liked so many groups over the years.  I have only been building a digital collection since 2012.  I guess out of that collection I will list the ones that I have the most albums.

1.) Keiko Matsui

2.) Paul Hardcastle

3.) Richard Elliott

4.)Keyshia Cole

5.) Kelly Rowland

I could include a lot of the current pop culture groups out there, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

If you will check my initial post, I listed Ozzy as my number 1 pick!

I have 15 Ozzy CDs and several Black Sabaths as well.

I have been listening to Michael Ozborn since he was with Black Sabath, back in the 8-track, cassette days!

Roger

You're right...I need to get my eyes checked and/or learn how to read better.  Love Black Sabbath and also Ronnie James Dio.  8-track was a touch before my time though, but heard a lot of music on my Dad's turntable & RTR. 

Edited by kapsnb01
  • Like 1

Okay.  I'm getting way too many email notifications about posts to this thread only to find more REO references.  I think I need to unfollow this thread, because It's Time for Me to Fly…

Watch out for that conveyor then.

OT, you are rolling with the changes :emotion-21:

I couldn't limit it to five. Most often in my house that you will hear:

P!NK

Bruno Mars

Jethro Tull
Gershwin
Rolling Stones

I love seeing this naked woman dancing through the house to anything with a beat. It starts my mornings off right. For someone that is very modest, she has no qualms going without clothes around the house. A body that puts women 40 years her junior to shame. SOOoooo, good dance music is what keeps this house rockin' and me falling in love with her more everyday! 

My favorites are anything that gets me the chance to live a dream with this fantastical woman that puts up with me! 

• Like 4

Number 1 since before my teenage years is -     Deep Purple 2. Rainbow 3. Jethro Tull 4. Rush 5.Dave Brubeck Quartet

Honorable mention, almost any band from the Deep Purple family tree. Especially of late much of Jon Lord's symphonic compostions . -John

Youtube suggestions?

• Like 1