This is just wrong!, or spoiled child?

totalcomfort

I was listening to a little zz top when 4yr old daughter comes and says " daddy I want to listen to my music" . So now I have a pair of jamborees playing wheels on the bus, ring around the rosey, this old man, and other top 10 hits for 4yr old children!! Hope my jamborees don't revolt and take off running!, LOL!!!

Looks like it is time to put her a system together for her room. Maybe some small book shelf speakers to start.

• Like 6

I was listening to a little zz top when 4yr old daughter comes and says " daddy I want to listen to my music" . So now I have a pair of jamborees playing wheels on the bus, ring around the rosey, this old man, and other top 10 hits for 4yr old children!! Hope my jamborees don't revolt and take off running!, LOL!!!

Looks like it is time to put her a system together for her room. Maybe some small book shelf speakers to start.

Little tikes seem to like the ol Dr Demento tunes also, there are some good one's.

• Like 2

Little tikes seem to like the ol Dr Demento tunes also, there are some good one's.

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads... fish heads fish heads eat them up yum!

Ask a fish head anything you want too... They wont answer, they can't talk!

A baby fell out of the window!

You think that it's head would be split!

But luck was with it that morning...

It fell in a barel of shaving cream, feel nice and clean, shave every day and you'll always feel keen!

• Like 4

Blow me comes to mind, but probably not suitable for a 4 year old

Maybe How's you're whole family

Mark

• Like 1

Nar!  We played the hell out of our kiddie records.  It was like Dante's disco inferno---you can't stop the music!

1st cousin had a Disney record player that had a screen, you put a strip with pictures in from the top and the pictures advanced as the records told stories.

Show n Tell!  I loved mine... still find them on Ebay.  Get them into vinyl young.

• Like 2

I had little Yamaha DVD/receivers with a 5.1 Infinity set up in each of my daughters rooms since they were four or five. Now I upgraded both rooms to Panasonic SA-HE200 receivers and Klipsch SB3's and SB-2's and KV-2 centers. Still running Yamaha and Infinity subs but it sounds pretty good in the rooms for them. Nothing wrong with that!

I gently, and respectfully disagree.  :)

At four years-old, I think she needs to sit on daddy's lap a while longer, while you both listen to the Jamborees and sing "the wheels on the bus go round and round." 

And don't forget the daddy's all-time favorite hit, "itsy bitsy spider, and don't forget to tickle her during the Big Ending.  It's a classic.  Make sure your wife takes pictures. 

A time will come, sooner than you think, that she won't want to be seen with you at the mall.  :rolleyes:

• Like 6

When I was four years old, my dad was at work during the day training Vietnamese helicopter pilots and we had a little record player which we had all day to enjoy. Let the kid have her music. when she wants, not just when dad comes home.

Edited by oldtimer

I gently, and respectfully disagree.  :)

At four years-old, I think she needs to sit on daddy's lap a while longer, while you both listen to the Jamborees and sing "the wheels on the bus go round and round." 

And don't forget the daddy's all-time favorite hit, "itsy bitsy spider, and don't forget to tickle her during the Big Ending.  It's a classic.  Make sure your wife takes pictures. 

A time will come, sooner than you think, that she won't want to be seen with you at the mall.  :rolleyes:

I absolutely agree to the fullest with this!

My absolute favorite time with my daughter was when she was 4, she turns 16 tomorrow on Friday.

At 4, when I would have to go to work, she would hug me and pull at my clothes as I was leaving and say; "Daddy, you don't go to work, you stay home!" Used to really tug at my heart strings!

This is as good as it gets my friend, don't waste this time, cherish it, because it will be gone forever before you know what happened!

Roger

• Like 6

My Grandchild dose me the same way.  I usually accommodate her and play what she likes or watch kids stuff on Netflix.  It is good bonding time.  The day will come when she will not be interested much in what you like. :)

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 2

She’s 5 and he’s 2. Usually, weekend mornings are music time and they each get to pick a record to listen to. 2 out of the last 10 music purchases were by Yo Gabba Gabba.

th_92DBE262-4A46-45C0-A65E-5C927E0204C5.

th_3A96B702-8B7F-435B-83C6-AFCCAD87DF89.

I even take her to the record shop with me.

th_6F1B18F3-3721-4B6E-A531-0E3527CF47C0.

I’d listen to “The Wheels on the Bus” until the wheels fall off.

• Like 3

Started my daughter young as I had residual gear from buying, selling, and trading.  She now has a much deeper appreciation of music and quality sound.  She is 13 and has her own Klipsch HT in her room with KG2's, KG2.2, KG1's and a KSW-50 with an entry level Onkyo receiver.

She obviously prefers the living room system and can run all its functions like a pro.  Watched Pitch Perfect with her at blistering levels during some of the performance scenes it was life like to say the least.

Edited by Frzninvt
  • Like 1

Kids pick this stuff up so quick now. Baby girl already knows how to run most of "my" system by remote.

Finished off the night with a jam session of frosty the snowman lol. Good quality time with my daughter, we actually talked about woofers and tweeters and what they do.

• Like 1