Solid state

Schu

I gather y'all are wanting these separate sections for notification advisement?

Not so much...mainly just focused and constructive discussions on various new solid state amplifier technology pros/cons without undue disruptions from "drive-bys". 

It's currently working on the tube forum:  I've personally haven't said a word there yet--although there already are comments there warranting " :pwk_bs:  's", apparently the concept is working. 

I see a many SS amplifier/preamplifier discussions that have yet to occur--stuff that forum newcomers especially would find extremely useful.

:)

Chris

Edited by Chris A

I see a many SS amplifier/preamplifier discussions that have yet to occur--stuff that forum newcomers especially would find extremely useful.

Cool. Insofar as the :pwk_bs: comment---I can dig it those 2 channel guys are ruthless and opinionated!  :huh:

Not to get into the weeds but at least in multichannel I can't imagine there being much difference in SS amplification except possibly current issues into lower ohm speakers but I guess that is why I could benefit from a separate section.

Not to threadjack but I found it pretty humorous that when Trey came back from Russia he started a Russian Forum in English and I believe there were 2 threads in it and that was mainly to Welcome the Russians. LOL.

Edited by Zen Traveler

he started a Russian Forum in English and I believe there were 2 threads in it and that was mainly to Welcome the Russians. LOL.

Yea, I don't think that's the case here.   The two-channel-only guys generally leave the HT guys alone and vice versa - it's been good.  The two-channel-only mossbacks can have their discussions in peace...while the rest of the world turns  :) 

IIRC, this is a request thread for a SS forum (...the title gives it away....).

Perhaps you should bump your Heritage subforum request threads(s)? I promise to vote for it if you do.

Chris

Oh my how utterly silly of me...

Not to threadjack but I found it pretty humorous that when Trey came back from Russia he started a Russian Forum in English and I believe there were 2 threads in it and that was mainly to Welcome the Russians. LOL.

I always wondered what the story was on that section, thanks.

And a gift for Chad on this beautiful morning...

Imagine world peace and a SS amplifier forum on community.Klipsch.com...

Well...perhaps not world peace... ;)

Chris

• Like 1

My old man was into Fords and all that, but cars don't really float my boat.  Racing sailboats & boards used to be my weekend vice--but alas, the sun is brutal on the bod, so I avoid it (basal cell C., etc.), and the roommate (I met her while sailing) now has joints wearing out.  So I'm pretty much into hi-fi now, at least until my hearing goes. :o

It would be nice if Chad would drop by for a chat...we don't bite--well, at least...I don't...  :emotion-44: 

Chris

• Like 1

the next amplifiers that I build will be Susan Parker's amplifier design, I expect them to be game changers. Not inexpensive to build but simple by design pretty much the best of hollow state and solid state.

http://www.audiophonics.com/

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/42259-zero-feedback-impedance-amplifiers.html DIYAuduo thread

Yours?
Seems like an excellent topic for one of your threads... ;)

...such as coffee and cables...etc.

The subject of this thread is whether a solid state amplifier subforum on the Klipsch forum.  I would very much like to see one,

Then I wouldn't feel the need to comment on any of the current tube articles...such as "Does a little tube distortion really matter?" or "Why do SETs sound so good?"

Those topics seem to have a great deal of questionable information in them.  Would that be preferable?

Chris

Yours?
Seems like an excellent topic for one of your threads... ;)

...such as coffee and cables...etc.

The subject of this thread is whether a solid state amplifier subforum on the Klipsch forum.  I would very much like to see one,

Then I wouldn't feel the need to comment on any of the current tube articles...such as "Does a little tube distortion really matter?" or "Why do SETs sound so good?"

Those topics seem to have a great deal of questionable information in them.  Would that be preferable?

Chris

Sorry I was under the impression this was Schu's thread.  Wait I'll check.....it is Schu's thread.  But Fords and all that don't float your boat right :)  btw I'm pretty sure that's a Chevy!

• Like 1

Chad asked that we not bother him personally, he or his boss.  I'm actually trying to respect that.  Same thing for the tube forum-I'm trying to respect their clique.  No problems. 

It's clear to me that there is support for a solid state amplifier subforum here, just not as, well, shall we say, as vocal as some tube subforum participants.  I see that as a positive, actually.  I personally didn't like what happened that precipitated the "Talkin' Tubes" subforum by going to Chad's boss.  Did you?  I thought it was bad manners actually, but that's just me.

I'll continue to ask for support here, since Chad made it clear that this is the proper channel (and subforum) to do that.  There are other threads to "shoot the bull".  I respect those threads, too. 

This thread has a very clear purpose per Schu's opening statement, (...wait for it...):

"we need a solid state section now..."

I agree.

Chris

Edited by Chris A

(wait for it.....)....Schu hasn't contributed a single post in this thread since his initial (what I understood to be) sarcastic retort to the tube forum effort....

Love your reference to the  "clique".

Referencing what you understood to be bad manners in the attempt to get the other sub forum started is sour grapes, and IMHO, bad form.

I think it's quite clear what you want.

• Like 1