Hurricane!

Tarheel

I'll take the chips Marty....how much?

Rain and more rain....some light flooding already but no hurricane!  Didn't keep me from meeting 5 buds for breakfast and harassing the young waitresses.

I remember Hugo barreling down on us and then veering south kicking SC and Charlotte, NC's butt. Went through Hilton Head years later and much destruction still evident.

• Like 1

My nephew has a big HS football game to play tonight (South Jersey), and in anticipation of buckets of rainfall, the coaches have been conducting practice all the while spraying them with hoses from all sides....luckily they'll be playing on an artificial turf field....

• Like 2

The drill doesn't change, move the outdoor furniture into the basement, tie the bbq to the fence, move all the deck boxes inside, all hanging plants get taken down and placed along the north fence line. Utility boxes that hold the garbage cans get tied with paracord to the nearest trees. Frozen bottles of water are already in the chest freezer and basement fridge. Empty Propane tanks will be filled, cars gas upped with one of them if need be, moved to the local air national guard parking lot for safety. Flashlights checked, lighters ready, woodpile secured. With any luck this baby spins out into the Atlantic. Best of luck to those in the NC & Virginia region as you guys look to be taking the brunt of this one. Stay safe.

If there is anything I hate, its a firewood thieving Hurricane dang it.

Seriously, hoping for a safe ride for you guys in the path.

Edited by Max2
  • Like 1

I think I'll return the bag of chips and keep the wine.

I don't know Marty, if I were you, I'd return the White Zinfandel also..... :emotion-19:

Well I was on my way out the door to return the chips, when somehow, they they split open at the top and somehow they never made it to the car. 

Puleeze.  Zinfandel.  I'm a red drinker, Nuthin but the best.  MD 20/20. The Breakfast of Champions.

I think Mad Dog's motto is: "When you want to bark at the moon only 20/20 will do".

• Like 2

Wind and Fire in the forcast here in NorCal.

Wish we could send all this water your way . We need several interstate pipelines . Hell I might be onto something . Instead of building the border wall we could do that instead .

Nahhhh , that would make way too much sense .

Edited by sunburnwilly
  • Like 2