I respectfully request

Taz

I think the uproar is that most residents think he's coming to exploit this situation to advance his gun control agenda as opposed to trying to heal the community and express condolences.

I think it works both ways.  Notice that one of the victim's fathers (I think he was a father of one of them) went on Fox last night to complain that Obama should not politicize the tragedy.  Re-cap:  Guy goes on Fox, but not interested in politics.

There's a lot of pot-calling going on in this situation.

• Like 1

Wonder why he didn't visit Chicago to express condolances over the 14 shootings in 15 hours on a random Tuesday, most of which were within 3 miles apart, that included a grandmother, 11 month old boy, and pregnant woman.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I can't speak for everybody in my community. However those I have spoke to, both men and women wish The president would not come to town tomorrow. We don't need him using our community's Tragedy for his Political Agenda.

Local news rag says there is to be peaceful protests regarding his invasion of our community. And that firearms are optional.

What? Why? Is he going to take away guns while he is there?

Is your sheriff going to refuse to meet with him?

They don't have to meet with him if they don't want to and there is always a peaceful protest where ANY president travels, they set up areas for it. People can complain about whatever they want to.

The president has made it clear that he want's more gun control.  This is community that probably has higher gun ownership then many many community's.

He could have came without the publicity that he seems to crave.  Seems like this is just another photo op for him.  I wouldn't put it past him to take some "Selfies with victims.

My opinion is that he has POOR TASTE AND POOR JUDGEMENT.

I realize we all have our own opinions and do not believe the same.

Regardless of how this goes down.  I'd like to see restraint here on the Forum.

• Like 1

Wonder why he didn't visit Chicago to express condolances over the 14 shootings in 15 hours on a random Tuesday, most of which were within 3 miles apart, that included a grandmother, 11 month old boy, and pregnant woman.  

It's my Belief that it's all Politics.  I just don't see him getting the press for going to Chicago that he is getting with our local Tragedy!

Edited by Taz

You are unforgiven, but does that require bullets?  Seriously why can't we all have a small thermonuclear bomb, which would only irritate all living things with in a 2 square mile of our specific existence in which it was set off including the British who could possibly be repressing me and my family as the founding fathers intended?

Edited by jacksonbart
  • Like 1

including the British who could possibly be repressing me and my family as the founding fathers intended?
when that repression happened to you, the British were out for tea.  Personally, i think the repression you speak of started at a gas station in Delaware.  

• Moderators

I think the uproar is that most residents think he's coming to exploit this situation to advance his gun control agenda as opposed to trying to heal the community and express condolences.

I think it works both ways. Notice that one of the victim's fathers (I think he was a father of one of them) went on Fox last night to complain that Obama should not politicize the tragedy. Re-cap: Guy goes on Fox, but not interested in politics.

There's a lot of pot-calling going on in this situation.

Well that is the biggest bunch of horse manure I have ever heard. Bakers bake, plumbers plumb, and politicians politicize. Every current candidate is speaking about that incident. Why? He was already scheduled to be in Seattle, what would they say if he did a Bush "flyiver."

Historically speaking, and to put this thing into context, Ronny was an expert at it. He politicized his own shooting and signed a law banning machine guns and some assault weapons. He politicized the horrible injuries to his press secretary and supported the Brady law and a ten day waiting period after he was out office.

Bush did a "fly over" after Katrina, got blasted and had to go back to LA and Mississippi. Remember him landing on the carrier, off of San Diego, and announced mission accomplished.

LBJ snuck into Vietnam.

Lincoln went near the front and got a photo with US Grant. They have been photo op ing since their were photos.

I could go on, and on, and on.

Presidents go to tragedies, unless they are busy, then they just fly over or send their VP, that is just history.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't speak for everybody in my community. However those I have spoke to, both men and women wish The president would not come to town tomorrow. We don't need him using our community's Tragedy for his Political Agenda.

Local news rag says there is to be peaceful protests regarding his invasion of our community. And that firearms are optional.

They don't have to meet with him if they don't want to and there is always a peaceful protest where ANY president travels, they set up areas for it. People can complain about whatever they want to.

The president has made it clear that he want's more gun control. This is community that probably has higher gun ownership then many many community's.

He could have came without the publicity that he seems to crave. Seems like this is just another photo op for him. I wouldn't put it past him to take some "Selfies with victims.

My opinion is that he has POOR TASTE AND POOR JUDGEMENT.

I realize we all have our own opinions and do not believe the same.

Regardless of how this goes down. I'd like to see restraint here on the Forum.

No president goes anywhere without publicity. The advance teams number in the 100s, FBI, Secret Service, State Police. Presidents don't take a poll before they decide to go somewhere. They just go.

• Moderators

It's my Belief that it's all Politics. I just don't see him getting the press for going to Chicago that he is getting with our local Tragedy!

I look forward to the day when 10 or so oeople can be killed, by what whatever means, we have a president who responds by saying "no comment" or "its a local problem."

It's my Belief that it's all Politics. I just don't see him getting the press for going to Chicago that he is getting with our local Tragedy!

I look forward to the day when 10 or so oeople can be killed, by what whatever means, we have a president who responds by saying "no comment" or "its a local problem."

Oh sure, that makes a lot of sense....you can't be serious

Living in Douglas County,  My perception is a rural area where a lot of people believe very strongly in their right to own firearms.  

A politician has made public his desire for more gun control.  Stated he will use this and future Tragedy's to further this desire of his.

Then decides he will come for a private visit with the victims and families.  Fine.  But he has to know that he is coming to an area of the country where a lot of the people disagree with his view's. 

I seen a lot of signs today.  I did not see any that welcomed him though.

I think it would have went over better with a lot less publicity.  But that is just my opinion.  I'm sure others opinions will vary.

I don't know about the Sheriff meeting him or not.

I believe this is correct.

Well that is the biggest bunch of horse manure I have ever heard. Bakers bake, plumbers plumb, and politicians politicize. Every current candidate is speaking about that incident. Why? He was already scheduled to be in Seattle, what would they say if he did a Bush "flyiver."

Well, maybe not the BIGGEST bunch, but certainly one of the contenders.