Things from the past that are gone and you dont know why because they were great?

Max2

Fun, yes!  But we weren't doing anything that I would want my kids doing.

Kids are still doing the same things or worse, but now they're forced into more private venues. I don't really see that as a win.

There is nothing for kids 10-17 to do anymore.  Malls are dying due to online sales.  They wonder why kids get in trouble.  If they or their families can't afford to spend on Dave & Busters or some fun place, kids find something.  Hey, I was a dumb teen once.  We broke EVERYTHING and we were stupid.  But we had options.  Now kids don't.  Scary world we live in.
Not quite sure why it is the requirement of the public, or merchants, or the government to provide or give kids "something to do"??  How about parents or family stepping up and figuring it out.  How about participating in organized sports, or volunteering in their neighborhoods, or other outdoor activities.  NO options?  Really?

Yep, every 17 year old wants to hang out at the food bank on Saturday nights.

I think I accidentally upset Ceptorman.  Sorry.  Just an opinion.  But, opinion only, communities do have some responsibility to provide safe, clean environments.  Part of that safety would be controlled venues for young people.  I remember arcades.  They may have smelled a bit funny, but I never saw violence and had something my low middle class family could afford to pay for.  We didn't have money for organized sports e.g. football pads and gear needed to be purchased from the school or a certified supplier and we couldn't afford it.  I don't blame my parents.  

Malls - though expensive, offered a public gathering place indoors for those kids who are allergic to sunlight and activity.  

And on the sugar soda note - why is our country so against natural ingredients?  Or, when we do get 'natural' or organic, it costs more?  Cane sugar = win

No….it wasn't me, you must have me mistaken for someone else. Plus….it takes a lot to make me mad :D

• Like 2

Fun, yes!  But we weren't doing anything that I would want my kids doing.

Kids are still doing the same things or worse, but now they're forced into more private venues. I don't really see that as a win.

There is nothing for kids 10-17 to do anymore.  Malls are dying due to online sales.  They wonder why kids get in trouble.  If they or their families can't afford to spend on Dave & Busters or some fun place, kids find something.  Hey, I was a dumb teen once.  We broke EVERYTHING and we were stupid.  But we had options.  Now kids don't.  Scary world we live in.
Not quite sure why it is the requirement of the public, or merchants, or the government to provide or give kids "something to do"??  How about parents or family stepping up and figuring it out.  How about participating in organized sports, or volunteering in their neighborhoods, or other outdoor activities.  NO options?  Really?

Yep, every 17 year old wants to hang out at the food bank on Saturday nights.

I think I accidentally upset Ceptorman.  Sorry.  Just an opinion.  But, opinion only, communities do have some responsibility to provide safe, clean environments.  Part of that safety would be controlled venues for young people.  I remember arcades.  They may have smelled a bit funny, but I never saw violence and had something my low middle class family could afford to pay for.  We didn't have money for organized sports e.g. football pads and gear needed to be purchased from the school or a certified supplier and we couldn't afford it.  I don't blame my parents.  

Malls - though expensive, offered a public gathering place indoors for those kids who are allergic to sunlight and activity.  

And on the sugar soda note - why is our country so against natural ingredients?  Or, when we do get 'natural' or organic, it costs more?  Cane sugar = win

No….it wasn't me, you must have me mistaken for someone else. Plus….it takes a lot to make me mad :D

You rock Ceptorman!!!!

• Like 1

Sun Crest orange in the dark brown ribbed bottles.

Sure you don't mean Orange Crush?  Brown ribbed bottle and it actually had some pulp in it.  Man, so good.  Modern stuff is just chemical orange in soda water.

Dave

Glad you said that. I thought it was just me after I drank some a few months back and almost gagged.

Sun Crest orange in the dark brown ribbed bottles.

Sure you don't mean Orange Crush?  Brown ribbed bottle and it actually had some pulp in it.  Man, so good.  Modern stuff is just chemical orange in soda water.

Dave

Glad you said that. I thought it was just me after I drank some a few months back and almost gagged.

Hey guys, there is a good fallback.  I would try Orangina.  It has pulp and cane sugar...at least the U.K. version I get in my local store does.  I recommend.  

I would try Orangina

Don't get it here, but I fully agree as I drank it when I live in Singapore.  It was also there I learned WHY coke didn't taste like it used to.  Singapore, and all the coke in SEA, remains sugar sweetened as fructose would cost a lot more.  I won't get into the debate about fructose health issues...but it doesn't taste anything like sugar.  Whether or not the subsidies make it cheaper or not are debatable.  Both Pepsi "Throwback" and Dr. Pepper can be found here at the same price as the "regular" stuff and both...especially the Dr. Pepper, are FAR better tasting. 

Of course, Mexican coke is in every grocery store at a higher price...but Latinos obviously have better taste than gringos as all their drinks have real sugar and are superior. 

Dave

Dave, if I'd known you also lived in Singapore, I would have liked you more :) ....we will have to swap stories/locations/etc. sometime....

I will say this for anyone that's never heard it, and it's true.....Do you know what is the national sport of Singapore?.....

Eating.

And that's not a slam either....Easily the best and most diverse food I've ever had.

Plus I've slept since then….I don't remember if I even posted!

No worries dude.  I was barely awake when I read it.  Now I have coffee and can think clearly.  See you in the forums my good man!

Hey…..just noticed the name change. Cool

How's marriage treating you?

Nope….never even heard of them.

We'd get them as often as we could find them when I was a kid.  You could buy them by the foot or half foot I believe.  Stores would have big rolls of them behind the counter.  We'd crave those and the candy necklaces on elastic strings.

Nope….never even heard of them.

We'd get them as often as we could find them when I was a kid.  You could buy them by the foot or half foot I believe.  Stores would have big rolls of them behind the counter.  We'd crave those and the candy necklaces on elastic strings.

And Pop Rocks.

Anyone remember when the Zenith 19 inch color television was considered the best of the best and sold for almost $400 many years ago? I still have mine and it still works but is not being used. Quality built in the USA.  

My mother raised my brother and me on a waitresses salary.  Not a lot of money to throw around, but she bought one of the first Zeniths.  She loved her TV.  It was tough to keep working back then.  Had a repairman out about twice a year.