Your All A Bunch of PeckerHeads

thebes

That's Woody Woodpecker Heads.

Another crossover thread banned.

Yawn.

What the heck is a crossover anyways. I always thought it involved dresses, black stockings and hot steamy nights in the French Quarter of New Orleans with a guy named Maurice. What's to get so excited about. 

And fer crying out loud what's all these charts, graphs and plots all about.

To me a chart is something Magellan used, a graph is the grease you use when dealing with city hall, and a plot is whats necessary to have a good murder mystery.

There's something strange when you engineering types get all wound up about something called an inductor. And he's not even in charge of the band!

Then there's these moderators. Why ban a thread because the guy who started it looking for a debate, gets it, picks up his marbles and goes home.

And what the heck is a moderator anyways. Are these British 60's Mods who strut around in Go-Go boots and own refrigerators?

And don't even get me started on L-pads. Who knows where in the heck part of the human body they go.

So does an active crossover exercise a lot, and a passive one lays around eating bonbons?

And what about all these Hertz you keep going on about. Don't the other rental companies, like  Enterprise, carry the same models?

Makes my head hurts, is what it does.  Hey there's Maruice! 

"Hey Maurice, wait up!"

• Like 2

A crossover in the the French quarter would require a dick check before proceeding

Mark

Should I bring more wood to the fire of this thread. :huh:

More wood in the French quarter makes it a sausage fest. I don't see no Abe Froman around.

• Like 1

And don't even get me started on L-pads. Who knows where in the heck part of the human body they go.

Here, I got your L-pad.

big-bang-theory-sheldon-loser-sign.jpg

As far as guys arguing about it and meaning it, I've never understood that.  I think you state your opinion, give a counter-point to the other guy's argument if you have one, and then move on.

Seriously, I've been planning on following that XO thread.  I can't be tired and read it, I really have to have my brain working to follow you guys as I have a lot to learn.  And now its too late.  :sad:

I'll get in on the next one.  B)

• Like 1

I appreciate the passion and commitment that each of these gentlemen bring to their audio pursuits. Doc nailed it when he referred to the complexity of understanding the variables involved and trying to balance them in a system.

Many of us own heritage systems that are getting to an age where network components need replacement, hence the ongoing discussions, spirited, misguided or devisive as they may be.

I often wish we could come up with a means of ranking each of these networks, perhaps as a result of a big crossover shootout with enough attendees that the opinions expressed would represent a significant crossection of forum contributors. If this ever happens it should include the factory networks for reference. The roadshow approach is great but it clearly has its limitations in terms of what can be learned by someone who didn't participate directly.

This is the 21st century after all. Shouldn't we be able to quantify the meaningful differences between competing systems better than we have so far? Maybe I expect too much from 2015 or maybe we are underperforming in our communication somehow.

What do you think?