Are you liking the Christmas music ?

rebuy

Come on Dave...crank up some Jingle Bell Rock.  Dance around your house twirling a sting of garland. Hang some mistletoe over a mirror and give yourself a big Christmas kiss.  Get in the spirt brother.

Side note:  I once lived (ironically) three doors down from a rock band.  Their house was a crazed site of debauchery, so much so that whenever i think about the place i feel like i need to go shower so i don’t catch something.  They didn’t lock their door and the rule was that you didn’t have to knock--just walk in and party.  Went over one day and one of the guys was nailing a piece of toast over the doorway.  He said it was mistle-toast.

But one of the guys introduced me to a pleasant; but, crazy musician called Don VanVliet.  He was known in the music world as Captain Beefheart. One of a kind, he was.

i lived near a rock band.  i lived three doors down from the rock band. there is a rock band named Three Doors Down. They are not the band that i lived three doors down from.  In a conversation about rock bands, three doors down could be misconstrued as the band; but, it was not. 

So, coincidently it’s also ironic.

You are a smart chap and realize there are several types of irony...verbal, dramatic, and situational.

Edited by BigStewMan

My wife is a big fan of Christmas & we have a nice selection of Christmas music, from the devotional to the irreverent. We do have an understanding that Christmas music only starts during the clean up after Thanksgiving dinner.

In the same vein, I am working on a "Turkey Tunes" set list. I always play Alice's Restaurant on Thanksgiving morning, as some of you do. So I thought I would flesh out a cd's worth including Arlo's classic. Everything from Vince Guaraldi's "Thanksgiving Theme" to "I Thank You" by Sam & Dave have made the cut, should be finished Monday night as I need to get my Sly & The Family Stone Greatest Hits downloaded to include "Thank You Falenttinme Be Mice Elf Agin".

Edited by Stephen Schaffer

My wife is a big fan of Christmas & we have a nice selection of Christmas music, from the devotional to the irreverent. We do have an understanding that Christmas music only starts during the clean up after Thanksgiving dinner.

In the same vein, I am working on a "Turkey Tunes" set list. I always play Alice's Restaurant on Thanksgiving morning, as some of you do. So I thought I would flesh out a cd's worth including Arlo's classic. Everything from Vince Guaraldi's "Thanksgiving Theme" to "I Thank You" by Sam & Dave have made the cut, should be finished Monday night as I need to get my Sly & The Family Stone Greatest Hits downloaded to include "Thank You Falenttinme Be Mice Elf Agin".

If this is up her alley, we've had a fondness for George Winston's "December" album as well as most all of the "A Winter's Solstice" set from the now defunked Windham Hill Records.

I'm a fan of the "Big band" sound. I just purchased these CD's from Amazon Prime for my Christmas music collection.

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band  "A Big Phat Christmas Wrap This!"

Count Basie Orchestra  "A Very Swingin' Basie Christmas!"

The Big Phat Band got me in the mood despite it being pre-Thanksgiving!

I agree. Can't we just have our Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas separately? I hate the notion of the rush.

When I worked in radio, it sickened me to know that Christmas music was on the radio pre-Thanksgiving. I try very hard to wait, but, the media and retail pushes it so early. 

I love Christmas music, and the tree, etc. etc. But, I will wait until Friday morning to get my Christmas vibe. Sirius started Holly on Nov. 7. TOO. DAMN. EARLY.