What in the Heck has Happened to Green Bay?

Jeff Matthews

ask oldtimer, he knows everything about football.

However, for myself, I think their decline is due to global warming.  Green Bay is not nearly as cold as it used to be, and therefore the macho, tough guy persona has been sucked out of the city and the team.  Not to mention Aaron Rodgers is a dweeb. 

• Like 3

Um….. Hate to say it.  

So I won't other than to say - that's the Lions for ya.

Sad, another top 5 draft pick still won't help this dysfunctional organization.

And, no, I don't (won't) drive a Ford either.

Edited by Arrow#422

But, not so sure it was a face mask.  He touched the face mask and pulled Rodgers down with the jersey.

Super play at the end though.

Bill

No doubt the Lions fans don't like that call.  I thought it was negligible, but I can't say it was a bad call.  Face-masking is serious enough that they have an almost zero-tolerance policy.

What's the big deal here?

The Packers get within striking distance in the 4th, puts them in a position to win.  Rodgers is a highly paid NFL quarterback, so he throws a routine 70 yard touchdown pass for the win at the end of the game.  He's paid to do that.

And Detroit has now positioned themselves out of the playoffs and in an ideal place to pick up another high draft choice next year.  The future looks good for them.  :)

But this, this was just another ho-hum win over an inferior opponent.  Nothing wrong with the Packers that I can see.  B)

Edited by wvu80

The NFL is fast becoming a sissy league.

Can't celebrate TD's.

Can't touch a kicker....at all.

Can't push a QB down.

Can't even put a hand in a face.

I am quickly losing interest in the league as a whole. Maybe they can wear flags on the waist bands? Maybe touch starting next season? I mean I get it with concussions and all but they have taken the fun out of the game. Here is another idea, maybe they can invite some girls to try out for the teams to broaden the viewing base?

Tongue in cheek of course but I remember when two 350 pounders got in each others faces as a part of frustration and they were not ejected. For God's sake, they are huge men in body armour, how much harm can be done with a few pushes and some smack talk.

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

Can't celebrate TD's.

Can't push a QB down.

I am quickly losing interest in the league as a whole. Maybe they can wear flags on the waist bands? Maybe touch starting next season? I mean I get it with concussions and all but they have taken the fun out of the game. Here is another idea, maybe they can invite some girls to try out for the teams to broaden the viewing base?

Tongue in cheek of course but I remember when two 350 pounders got in each others faces as a part of frustration and they were not ejected. For God's sake, they are huge men in body armour, how much har, can be done with a few pushes and harsh words.

I started watching more and more MMA. Helps fill the gap that the NFL no longer can. I remember the Monday Night (or maybe it was Sunday night) segment called "Jacked up" about powerful hits in the NFL. While I think C'mon Man is funny, I still like Jacked Up better.

• Like 1

ask oldtimer, he knows everything about football.

However, for myself, I think their decline is due to global warming.  Green Bay is not nearly as cold as it used to be, and therefore the macho, tough guy persona has been sucked out of the city and the team.  Not to mention Aaron Rodgers is a dweeb. 

Just to prove you right, I was saying "comeback trail" at 20-7.

• Like 1

Can't celebrate TD's.

Can't push a QB down.

Tongue in cheek of course but I remember when two 350 pounders got in each others faces as a part of frustration and they were not ejected. For God's sake, they are huge men in body armour, how much har, can be done with a few pushes and harsh words.

I started watching more and more MMA. Helps fill the gap that the NFL no longer can. I remember the Monday Night (or maybe it was Sunday night) segment called "Jacked up" about powerful hits in the NFL. While I think C'mon Man is funny, I still like Jacked Up better.

One word:  Hockey.

• Like 1