Realistic 15" CL - just for the horns?

Matthews

Would that change not only the sound, but the "integrity" of the La Scala? Aren't you looking to stay original with them?

Just curious. I don't know anything about LS's, but I thought from the post you have that you were looking to stay original with them. I would try to take the horn with the crease,and add something to it to level it out before doing different horns.

• Like 1

The last thing I need, however, they have horns :lol:  Should I jump on them, for the sake of the horns and crossover?

Must be a reason why we're not all on the Radio Shack Discussion Forum, talking about how much we all love our Realistic speakers.  :rolleyes:

00K0K_8WoIpkiq8ON_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Those look like the Realistic Mach-1's and they were actually a decent sounding speaker.

I generally thought of Radio Shack speakers as junk, but I had always heard there were some Realistic speakers that were pretty good.

A quick check of completed Ebay listings shows SOLD prices from $250 to most recently $380.  Those $60 speakers might have some flip value, if not true sonic value.

+++

Yup! - I passed... TOO MUCH SANDING TO DO TODAY :)

Oh, big mistake.  You could have easily tripled your investment.

I'm just trying to help you out, here.  :lol:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

If someone is interested in old Realistic speakers and does decide to pick up these Mach One speakers, here is a thread that outlines various modifications for very little additional investment that do seem to significantly improve the speaker (Back in 2011 I had done the crossover mods and the mod to increase the cabinet volume by using the cabinet section where the horn mounts to a pair I had picked up).  The thread is fairly long and tedious to navigate these days; however, if you have the stamina, I would focus on the Tier 1 and Tier 2 modifications that were engineered and tested by videolady201 during 2010. 

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mach-one-4024-4024a-4029-information-and-upgrades.261425/