GREAT NEWS!

BigStewMan

Bend, Oregon has moved to Number One on my list of places to move to, it comes highly recommended and everything i've seen thus far -- i like. Now i have to go visit there to see if it lives up to the billing. It just passed the biggest test though, as I just confirmed that they have a Del Taco there.

This is turning out to be a wonderful day.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

Bend is a lovely town, at the foot of the Three Sisters mountains and some great skiing if you do that sort of thing.  It's got fine Oregon desert to the East, and the lovely Cascades to the West.  Crater Lake NP isn't far away.

Lots of good western scenery, IOW.  Also not that much further away are the Malheur preserve and Steens Mountain, for something really different.  

steens mountain

Maybe you can hook up with Ammon and Cliven Bundy.  See if you can talk them out of some free grazing rights.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/how-good-government-made-fools-of-cliven-bundy-and-his-self-styled-revolutionaries/  

Edited by LarryC
  • Like 1

Most of the people in Bend ARE Californians.

Bend is very nice. I would never want to be that far inland, or that far from a metro area, but if you don't mind rural, it's not a bad place to live or die. For the same money you could live in a decent coastal area like, Florence though.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

For the same money you could live in a decent coastal area like, Florence though.
except i know somebody in Florence already.  It’s been 30 years since i’ve lived away from a large body of water (mostly the Pacific Ocean; but, four years on the shore of Lake Michigan). I particularly like what i’m told of the climate in Bend...and i think i’m ready to take a step out of the metro scene...still would like to be an arm’s length away...just in case.  
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Is this including work or something new, retirement ?  Was just wondering if your free to chose everywhere ? Whatever you decide I hope you are happy, if not move again.  :P

And LOOK both ways !

What about a van and just travel, you know your a hippie at heart.

post-9700-0-85600000-1455678954.jpg

• Like 1

Is this including work or something new, retirement ?  Was just wondering if your free to chose everywhere ? Whatever you decide I hope you are happy, if not move again.  :P

And LOOK both ways !

What about a van and just travel, you know your a hippie at heart.

it’s retirement.  

yeah, i plan to travel so this place will just be my home base.  

• Like 1

Most of the people in Bend ARE Californians.

Bend is very nice. I would never want to be that far inland, or that far from a metro area, but if you don't mind rural, it's not a bad place to live or die. For the same money you could live in a decent coastal area like, Florence though.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Not true

Bend, Oregon has moved to Number One on my list of places to move to, it comes highly recommended and everything i've seen thus far -- i like. Now i have to go visit there to see if it lives up to the billing. It just passed the biggest test though, as I just confirmed that they have a Del Taco there.

This is turning out to be a wonderful day.

Are you living in a big city now?  If so, you may feel isolated in Bend.  Bend was (and might still be) rather conservative, but I hear it is changing.  Portland, Corvallis and Eugene are more liberal, if that sort of thing is important to you.  They are all attractive, each in its own way.

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1

Are you living in a big city now?  If so, you may feel isolated in Bend.  Bend was (and might still be) rather conservative, but I hear it is changing.  Portland, Corvallis and Eugene are more liberal, if that sort of thing is important to you.  They are all attractive, each in its own way.
Yes I'm living amongst the masses; but, somewhat isolated is what i'm going for. Plus, Bend's climate is quite different than other parts of Oregon--i like that too. I don't want to drive hours to civilization; but, don't want to be in the middle of the chaos anymore.  Not going for either conservative or liberal community...i'm just going to be me wherever I'm at and going to let others be who they are. 
  • Like 3