Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

If this person is such a pariah why do you 'adults' insist on replying to his posts?

That's a great question especially in light of the "don't feed a troll" thread".  I quit replying to him right after that except for the "Better call Saul" thread.

You really do not have a clue here...

I think that could have been phrased a little better.

Yes, I could be a lot more tactful and I am smooth as a corn cobb hear, but that does not stop the fact that it is absolutely the truth and you, I as well as others here know it.

I have been biting my tongue here for a while he and that new female member posted about the unfairness of it all without having one single idea of what it was all about.

It is time for him to stop the conspiracy theories and the poor picked on Mark when he does not know what it was about?

A better way to go Jim would be to PM somebody and ask what it is all about,  you might actually learn something!!

at 8 years on the forum, I was the youngest member in that mess, and the member who got banned was the oldest member on that thread.

Roger

New members or prospective new members aren't interested in the soap opera history of this forum. And Klispch the corporation probably really isn't either.  

If I am a investigating the brand and I find this forum to see who the people are that buy the product and run into THAT thread, what do you suppose my impressions should be? Would this be a place I would want to visit often; sign up to be a member of?

About anytime I log on, I can find no more than about 30-35 members signed in and about 80 guests. Most of those members are the same people day after day. Some of them, but not all of them, are members of the 'clique.'

Should I wonder about a brand with worldwide appeal with literally millions of customers that hosts an online forum with an active member roster that isn't at least in the hundreds. I can only guess about the why it isn't more and I would definitely include threads such as that as a possible contributing reason.

TLDR; this isn't your personal forum to gather and berate a subscribed member. If you have a history that absolutely must be talked about, take it private.

You raise a lot of points which involve various issues.  One of which is the slow death of forum participation in general.  Science says correlation does not imply causation.  Everyone is welcome here until  they grossly violate the TOS.  One such former member did as much plus raised a huge stink, then shows back up pretending to be someone else.  That's all it boils down to.  It is folly to think that people anywhere any time can congregate whether physically or virtually and not form social bonds.  How could anyone with even the most basic human social knowledge expect otherwise?  I have seen the stick to the subject/purpose type regulated forums disappear way faster than those that bend for social interaction, with its inevitable pitfalls.

I do not forsake personal or even social (especially online) bonds. They are important in the formation of any community. And after all, this is the Klipsch community. But as a new member, I'm keenly aware that the members should first and foremost remember the purpose of the community. Here it is to promote, talk, share, etc., all things Klipsch. I would hope that the most senior members of this community would cherish those ideals more than I. 

But I'm not sure that as the case. 

That thread from inception to conclusion was inappropriate. It served no purpose other than to highlight a member who only those who knew the history of could possibly be concerned about. And it was then used as a grade school bathroom for everyone who had a gripe to poke him with a stick.

Can you tell me, was that the best face this community can offer to the outside world looking on?  80 or more guests had a front row seat if they wanted it. 

Worse, the administrator had a stick, too. I assume Chad is a Klipsch employee and as such he should remember why this site exists and what its purpose is for.

The thread should have been deleted by a mod the second it was created. Just my opinion. And even when it was appropriately locked, it was unlocked after some 'level-headed' off the books discussion!

And lastly I'm curious.  If this person is such a pariah why do you 'adults' insist on replying to his posts? Just ignore him, say nothing in response to anything he submits. Certainly there is plenty here for you to focus on instead of him. 

I'd love to see you contribute more Music/Audio/Klipsch content before taking on the role of Official Forum Moral Compass.

• Like 1

Yes, I could be a lot more tactful and I am smooth as a corn cobb hear, but that does not stop the fact that it is absolutely the truth and you, I as well as others here know it.

I have been biting my tongue here for a while he and that new female member posted about the unfairness of it all without having one single idea of what it was all about.

It is time for him to stop the conspiracy theories and the poor picked on Mark when he does not know what it was about?

A better way to go Jim would be to PM somebody and ask what it is all about,  you might actually learn something!!

at 8 years on the forum, I was the youngest member in that mess, and the member who got banned was the oldest member on that thread.

Roger

New members or prospective new members aren't interested in the soap opera history of this forum. And Klispch the corporation probably really isn't either.  

If I am a investigating the brand and I find this forum to see who the people are that buy the product and run into THAT thread, what do you suppose my impressions should be? Would this be a place I would want to visit often; sign up to be a member of?

About anytime I log on, I can find no more than about 30-35 members signed in and about 80 guests. Most of those members are the same people day after day. Some of them, but not all of them, are members of the 'clique.'

Should I wonder about a brand with worldwide appeal with literally millions of customers that hosts an online forum with an active member roster that isn't at least in the hundreds. I can only guess about the why it isn't more and I would definitely include threads such as that as a possible contributing reason.

TLDR; this isn't your personal forum to gather and berate a subscribed member. If you have a history that absolutely must be talked about, take it private.

You raise a lot of points which involve various issues.  One of which is the slow death of forum participation in general.  Science says correlation does not imply causation.  Everyone is welcome here until  they grossly violate the TOS.  One such former member did as much plus raised a huge stink, then shows back up pretending to be someone else.  That's all it boils down to.  It is folly to think that people anywhere any time can congregate whether physically or virtually and not form social bonds.  How could anyone with even the most basic human social knowledge expect otherwise?  I have seen the stick to the subject/purpose type regulated forums disappear way faster than those that bend for social interaction, with its inevitable pitfalls.

I do not forsake personal or even social (especially online) bonds. They are important in the formation of any community. And after all, this is the Klipsch community. But as a new member, I'm keenly aware that the members should first and foremost remember the purpose of the community. Here it is to promote, talk, share, etc., all things Klipsch. I would hope that the most senior members of this community would cherish those ideals more than I. 

That thread from inception to conclusion was inappropriate. It served no purpose other than to highlight a member who only those who knew the history of could possibly be concerned about. And it was then used as a grade school bathroom for everyone who had a gripe to poke him with a stick.

Can you tell me, was that the best face this community can offer to the outside world looking on?  80 or more guests had a front row seat if they wanted it. 

Worse, the administrator had a stick, too. I assume Chad is a Klipsch employee and as such he should remember why this site exists and what its purpose is for.

The thread should have been deleted by a mod the second it was created. Just my opinion. And even when it was appropriately locked, it was unlocked after some 'level-headed' off the books discussion!

And lastly I'm curious.  If this person is such a pariah why do you 'adults' insist on replying to his posts? Just ignore him, say nothing in response to anything he submits. Certainly there is plenty here for you to focus on instead of him. 

I'd love to see you contribute more Music/Audio/Klipsch content before taking on the role of Official Forum Moral Compass.

Yes Bella,

Tell us about your gear and what got you started into Klipsch?

How about your musical tastes?

Roger

It makes no sense to have a Lounge section if all one wants to do is talk about Audio. In fact, if all you want to do is talk about Audio--NEVER click on the Lounge section of the Forum....That said, watch what you say in the 2 Channel section because those folks are REALLY opinionated. ;)

Not so much now that there is a separate tube section.

• Like 1

Roger

Yes Bella,

Tell us about your gear and what got you started into Klipsch?

How about your musical tastes?

Roger

All in due time. And where it is appropriate I will comment and contribute in the ways you request.

The joke would really be on all of you if I said I was really Mark,lol.

Yes it would.  Mark could change his identity but never change his style of writing.

Hmm.  I found Mark to be more sophisticated with language and logic than JoSteph ever seemed to be.  Are you folks absolutely sure JoSteph was just a Mark Deneen sockpuppet? 

Hmm. I found Mark to be more sophisticated with language and logic than JoSteph ever seemed to be. Are you folks absolutely sure JoSteph was just a Mark Deneen sockpuppet?

No doubt whatsoever that Mark was Josteph/Mrcatsup/Jim Naseum.

• Like 1

Is this thread really serving a useful purpose any more?  Just throwin' it out there.....

The thread was started by the OP making fun of himself.  Where did you expect it to go?

I didn't have any "expectations"....but it has now become a diatribe regarding Deneen.  Think about it, even giving him this much "air time" is playing right into his slimy hands.

• Like 1