DeadPool

Paducah Home Theater

Thank you for posting this.  OMG, soooooper funny.

I thought the movie was boring. Plot sucked, and it wasn't that humorous. Definitely a waste of money for me. I would have rather watched Zootopia. I am an action movie fan and read every comic book I could get my hands on when I was young. It seemed it was written for the 14-15 Year olds. The action scenes were OK, just the dialogue sucked. There were a few scenes that had me laughing, but not many.

• Like 1

If you are big into comic books, supposedly what Deadpool is famous for is "breaking the fourth wall". Basically it means that the character is self aware and knows he is in a comic book, often talking to the reader, mentioning real world pop culture references, things that your normal Superman type character would never do.

• Like 1

• Moderators

When I hear "Deadpool".....I think of Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry. Never heard of this marvel comics character or movie.

That is what I thought when people were raving about it in February.

Clint's was "The Dead Pool" which was talking about the game in the plot of the movie.

• Like 1

When I hear "Deadpool".....I think of Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry. Never heard of this marvel comics character or movie.

Clint's was "The Dead Pool" which was talking about the game in the plot of the movie.

"Now I know what you're thinking." "Did he fire six shots... or only 5?".

"Do you feel Lucky... we'll do you punk".

• Like 1

• Moderators

"Now I know what you're thinking." "Did he fire six shots... or only 5?".

"Do you feel Lucky... we'll do you punk".

"Make my day"

Interesting that the 4K ultra version isn't available for another week.  Comes out on the 17th at least at Best Buy.  

Will 4K Ultra (is that the new name?) be backward compatible so it can be played on a Blu-ray player?

Likewise, will BD be upscaled by 4K players?

Interesting that the 4K ultra version isn't available for another week.  Comes out on the 17th at least at Best Buy.

Will 4K Ultra (is that the new name?) be backward compatible so it can be played on a Blu-ray player?

Likewise, will BD be upscaled by 4K players?

I take back my original statement, the 4K version was in fact available at the same time, their website was just messed up.

The 4K version isn't backwards compatible, but the 4K version does include a blu ray. So, that's what I got, so I don't have to buy it again in the future.

Normal blu rays are supposed to be upscaled I believe. I'm sure it won't be the same but that's what I've heard.

Anyway, as for the movie, I wasn't quite as shocked as the hype would make you believe. Lots of juvenile sexual humor, like what you'd expect a 16 year old high school boy to laugh at. I did more eye rolling than laughing on that stuff. Otherwise it was fun. Lots of LFE that popped at you when something was hit, like a car rear ends another, WHAM. Actually, WHAM in more than one kind of way. You'll have to see it to know what I'm talking about.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters