A very memorable weekend

jimjimbo

• Moderators

Well I will volunteer a vote early  :emotion-41:

But I don't know I have never had one, but like jagermeister I hate the taste and also redbull , but together they taste completely different, still not crazy about them. 

• Moderators

I think next year a collection is needed from everyone interested in trying one,

It didn't kill me this year to "sponsor" the martini bar. Special thanks to Jim and Mike for helping with supplies as well. If I get a bottle now and then and put it back for next year I should be good. I was also planning on starting a poll once we get closer to next year to see if there would be any interest in me bringing gin as well.

I think it was incredible of you to do that. It was nice to have one of your light and refreshing cocktails after drinking moonshine straight and neat for the two previous days.

Next year I will "sponsor" the Bloody Mary bar to give you a break.

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 2

Now I hear gin, which makes a great martini, but also gin and tonic, I am thinking all we need is a freezer for gin and glasses to make the ultimate gin and tonic which requires everything at below freezing except the Schweppes, which should be just above, and the lime.

Yum.

Dave

I once had a MD tell me if you insist on drinking drink Gin. The most filtered of the clear sprits. He didn't advocate heavy drinking but felt it was a slower death than the typical drinker will experience. Ah what the hell, CEC shake me another one.

• Like 1

I have.  Without the tonic of course.  Bombay Sapphire on the rocks.  It rocks.

Definitely not my favorite. That's the thing about gin. There's a wide variety of tastes. Vodka differences are more subtle once you get into the nicer stuff. As far as gin goes, I like Tanquery Ten and New Amsterdam.

I once had a MD tell me if you insist on drinking drink Gin. The most filtered of the clear sprits. He didn't advocate heavy drinking but felt it was a slower death than the typical drinker will experience. Ah what the hell, CEC shake me another one.

Come on over. There's some Alverion in the cupboard with your name on it.

I think next year a collection is needed from everyone interested in trying one,

It didn't kill me this year to "sponsor" the martini bar.  Special thanks to Jim and Mike for helping with supplies as well.  If I get a bottle now and then and put it back for next year I should be good.  I was also planning on starting a poll once we get closer to next year to see if there would be any interest in me bringing gin as well.
I think it was incredible of you to do that. It was nice to have a nice to have one of your light and refreshing cocktails after drinking moonshine straight and neat for the two previous days.Next year I will "sponsor" the Bloody Mary bar to give you a break.

You're certainly welcome Travis. You and others were very giving of their time and talents. I did what I could and enjoyed it immensely.

you lucky dogs that still get to drink ... if i knew i was going to live this long i would have paced myself.  ah, who am i foolin’ i would have still went pedal to the metal.

It's worked for me.

it was fun while it lasted.  guess i have to hope for flashbacks ... except the one where i thought my friend was on fire, or when i thought i’d slept for 4 months, or the one when ...

• Like 1

It didn't kill me this year to "sponsor" the martini bar. Special thanks to Jim and Mike for helping with supplies as well. If I get a bottle now and then and put it back for next year I should be good. I was also planning on starting a poll once we get closer to next year to see if there would be any interest in me bringing gin as well.

Actually, one of my lasting memories of this weekend would've been very early on Thursday night with Carl already standing behind the bar, shake shake shake, and he looks at me and he says "damn, my hand is cold"...And I said, "Carl, you still have the whole weekend" and he gave me a look, and said, "yeah, ain't it great?"

• Like 3