Jokes?

Marvel

Real life humour:  When you're working midnight shift and the supervisor offers you a coffee, and you reply, "No thanks, coffee keeps me awake."  Guaranteed annoyed/unhappy look from the supervisor.

That's what happened when I said that to him.                                                                                                                                                                

• Haha 1

unexpected double post...                                                                                                                                                            

unexpected triple post.                                                                                                                                                        

1 minute ago, Islander said:

Real life humour

We have the highest k cup coffee budget of any department in the hospital (I don't drink coffee).   The doctors come to our department to have coffee.  My boss is an adamant believer that it increases productivity.  I understand your bosses remark. Our department would be very sluggish for the first few hours without it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Real life humour:  When you're working midnight shift and the supervisor offers you a coffee, and you reply, "No thanks, coffee keeps me awake."  Guaranteed annoyed/unhappy look from the supervisor.

That's what happened when I said that to him.                                                                                                                                                                

I think your 3 posts have had too much coffee...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

I think your 3 posts have had too much coffee...

Either that or the software.  Or me.  I was really sleepy when I was typing that.  I spent around 12 years working midnights and afternoons, and I don’t think my sleeping schedule has been right ever since, more than 25 years later.  On the first midnight shift of my last job, back in 1993, I was standing behind the guy who was instructing me, when I fell asleep.  Yes, you can fall asleep standing up.  My knees collapsed, but I woke up in time to recover without hitting the floor, and he never noticed.

In my experienced opinion, night shifts shouldn’t be more than six hours long, and no-one should be forced to work them.  I never volunteered for a night shift.  Night and afternoon shifts (the back shifts, as they were called on the railroad) should have large enough shift premiums (the extra pay for working those shifts) that everyone working them is happy to be there and has made sure to be fully rested.

Who would want to work midnight shift?  A man whose wife has a good day job, in which case it makes sense to have him at home during the day to mind the kids, for example.  On the downside, one of the lesser-known hazards of night shift is ruined marriages, causing divorces.  One reason women get married is to have someone to keep them warm at night.  Take that away, and they may start to wonder why they bothered.

I’ll stop now, before I start to grind my teeth at the memory of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoff. said:

...if I am out of coffee cream I just call in a personal day, there is no way I am leaving the house for work before having a coffee

That right there is funny. I understand calling off of work to go pick up a new amplifier, speakers or whatever but..... Better yet, to take a day off when they will arrive to listen all day... 

• Like 2