college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

Harbaugh is following in the footsteps of Schembechler.  Bo lost 7 bowl games before his first bowl win.

Brilliantly deduced, except that Coach Harbaugh won his very first bowl appearance last year with Michigan against Florida in the citrus bowl… Try again…

3 hours ago, billybob said:

So FSU pulled it off?

Yes.  Very exciting last 5 minutes of the game with several touchdowns, pick six, big runbacks on kickoff, and a blocked extra point run back by Ohio State for 2 points.  In the end, FSU by 1.

+++

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

So what are the predictions for playoffs?

Ohio State and Alabama.

I'm an Ohio State homer as they are a sister state to WV and I work for them.  Lots of OSU fans here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Yes.  Very exciting last 5 minutes of the game with several touchdowns, pick six, big runbacks on kickoff, and a blocked extra point run back on Ohio State for 2 points.  In the end, FSU by 1.

+++

Thanks, my brother was watching it and said it was a good game. Shades of Miami in 199...? As recall instead of tie with kick, went for the 2 points...

40 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Now I understand.....

They also have the best marching bands in the final four.  I like Ohio State's horn line, which is all brass, no woodwinds.  They play really well, but I'm not a fan of the Clydesdale preening marching style that all the Big 10 bands seem to like. 

Unfortunately they have a high-stepping high-waisted drum style that is out of the 1950's and the band has the world's most boring 3-minute long follow-the-leader drill, script Ohio.  

Bus driver hats! 

campus_band.jpg

Alabama's Million Dollar band has everything.  They play well, march well, and have a great drum line.  They also have twirlette and pom-pom squads which feature young women who are better-than-average looking.  :wub:

band_Alabama_vs_Missouri.jpg

Anyone "viewing" the great ESPN quad screen coverage of the Alabama/Washington game? What a freakin' joke! An upper split screen shot of the game, full field and close up, and bottom split screen of the coaches pacing the the sidelines! What idiot director dreamed up this shitt?! Extremely exciting watching two college coaches pacing the field. Another example of someone answering a question no one has asked, or cares about. Not a big NFL minor league fan anyway but I thought I'd watch the games today. Thought it was a feature shot for early in the game but seems its how they intend to broadcast, I'm out. Guess I'll go buy a 100 inch TV so I can watch four, 25 inch pictures. F'in joke ---- 

It can't be me, you aren't seeing this ? No way a remote malfunction could do this? Top half of screen in two parts, close up and field view of the game. Bottom half both coaches pacing with those pictures split with stats from each team. You're scaring me now, I haven't started drinking yet.

1 hour ago, T2K said:

I'm watching it but I haven't seen the split screen your talking about. - Keith

It's on ESPN2.

I just now turned to it because you guys were talking about it.  Agree with dumb shots of 50% of the screen taken up with both coaches pacing the sidelines.  What the heck?  How incredibly boring.