Forte III

oldred

On 7/2/2017 at 0:22 PM, dtel said:

The 12hz will really help, to be honest it sounds like they go lower, but when you get around the 38Hz range it's hard to tell. Pic's will be good. 

If they do sound lower than that, the "new way" of measuring might rile up some folks again... 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

If they do sound lower than that, the "new way" of measuring might rile up some folks again... 

I was just guessing, since mid bass is roughly 40hz- 80hz when a speaker goes below 40 they seem to have nice bass. I don't know how they measure, but I would think they can back it up with proof.  

Amount of bass can make it deceiving also, like with the Cornwall, there is alot of bass and most people would say so, it might not be terribly deep but there is plenty bass. It can be deceiving.

I really can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of the new forte lll, I predict a big hit. People will like the bass but the mids will surprise everyone, good design Chief Bonehead worked out to improve an already good speaker. 

• Like 1

What started my thinking about new main speakers was the bass was the little discontinued speakers I bought last fall to improve my led tv sound. Polk TSx220B for about $160 literally had lower bass than my Heresys. They can not produce the sound "stage" or pressure like my old speakers though. The talk of how nice the Tractrix Horn on the titanium drivers in the Forte IIIs earlier this spring is going to be an experience for me soon. Cleaned up my "Leftoverture" lp today thinking how their harmonies might come alive. My "Low Budget" lp got eaten with a dozen others by by my rott-n-pit pup angry at me one day two decades ago. Found a great sounding import cd of that a couple weeks ago. I know what the killer bass on that recording makes my Heresys sound like.

"Presence" "Rocks" "Telegraph Road" "461 Ocean Blvd" "Magazine" Everything will sound different, I'm sure.

I'll probably be time travelling by next weekend.

16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

"Rocks"

First album I ever bought. I can still remember getting in my sisters little white Toyota Corona with red pinstripes, and her taking me to Bi-Mart to purchase the album. Oh, happy day !

• Like 1

Confused, I am. That doesn't look like my living room so what gives here? I expected that you would have them set up for me before I came back from 4th fishing with the kiddos. Ribbon fish in abundance with gnarly teeth.

Nice! You might as well PM me a price for 3.

• Like 3

Nice..

You can see like they stated at their site that the hybrid California Black Walnut grain varies a lot. Means we'll have a surprise when we open them up.

I searched that before ordering and besides what's been shown at CES and here with Cory's the look of this "Claro Walnut" can vary wildly.

32 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

VERY nice. uhhh I think this is what I was after. Make sure all the drivers are hooked up inside................ :);)

JK man they're gorgeous, thinking about swapping my P37's for a pair 

Sending you a pm

17 minutes ago, The Apex said:

Beautiful! Does the flame figuring of the walnut veneer pop in person as it did in the official photos of these speakers?

It's not as flamy as some of the official product pics. Still nice though. It's striped nicely but some of the product pics made it look like it would be 3d like flamy maple is. 

• Like 1

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters I'd like to be able to get my hands on some of those silver luster grills. Depending on if mine come with the burl or the streaked look at the graft of the English & California Walnut like the first photos it could look great like those rosewood Heresys. Let us know here if those kind of extras ever become available.

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters I'd like to be able to get my hands on some of those silver luster grills. Depending on if mine come with the burl or the streaked look at the graft of the English & California Walnut like the first photos it could look great like those rosewood Heresys. Let us know here if those kind of extras ever become available.

did you order the other set of cali blacks from him?

• Like 1