Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hi 

I have a little Miles period, the blue lines on my list turn to green little by little  YEAHHHHHH!

Here is this classic Bags Groove, 1957 reissue on LP of two Prestige 25cm discs from 1954

Mine is a record that I bought used, it's a French pressing from 1983 https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/4546875-Miles-Davis-Bags-Groove

adtb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Time for a wrap.  Then gonna hit the grill before I head downtown to listen to an old friend and his son challenge each other on  ZZ Top's "Freebird."  That's always a bet between the two.  They're a cut above what Duckburg has to offer.  He's my atty and trust me he can get it in the courtroom and on stage.  He's meticulous and slick AF! :)

Time to chill a bit with Ray.   

Ray-Charles.jpg

:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Another

2 x LP Live Evil - Miles Davis MOV Columbia EU reissue from 2016

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/8268117-Miles-Davis-Live-Evil

fgdp.jpg

That cover has similarities to B*itches Brew 

You are well on your way to a wonderful Miles Davis catalog of records 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Full Range said:

My Friday morning spin 

A favourite album that I dreamt about during the night 

One has to follow up on dreams 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Foxtrot 

IMG-4583.jpg

Little Nemo rubbed his eyes and got out of bed,
Trying hard to piece together a broken dream.
His visions lifelike and full of imagination
It's strange to think they came from such a tiny head.
Dragons breathing fire, but friendly.
Mushrooms tall as houses.
Giant Nymphs and goblins playing,
Scenes from a night's dream, poor Little Nemo!
Eating all kinds of food so close to bedtime
They always made him have these nightmares, it seemed.
Helped young Washington in the garden,
Cut the cherry tree down.
Now we all know that's not history,
"Nemo, get out of bed!"
"Don't tell me stories, I don't want to know!"
"Come on you sleepy head, we're waiting to go!"
Once he went to the 'Carnival of Nations'
Dancing with the princess through the night.
Found themselves on a moving platform
Ten ton weights above them,
Seeking audience with King Morpheus.
Scenes from a night's dream, poor little Nemo!
"Nemo, get out of bed!"
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:
Little Nemo rubbed his eyes and got out of bed,
Trying hard to piece together a broken dream.
His visions lifelike and full of imagination
It's strange to think they came from such a tiny head.
Dragons breathing fire, but friendly.
Mushrooms tall as houses.
Giant Nymphs and goblins playing,
Eating all kinds of food so close to bedtime
They always made him have these nightmares, it seemed.
Helped young Washington in the garden,
Cut the cherry tree down.
Now we all know that's not history,
"Nemo, get out of bed!"
Once he went to the 'Carnival of Nations'
Dancing with the princess through the night.
Found themselves on a moving platform
Ten ton weights above them,
Seeking audience with King Morpheus.
Scenes from a night's dream, poor little Nemo!
"Nemo, get out of bed!"

Genesis released “Scenes from a Night's Dream” on March 31, 1978.

Written by Tony Banks and Phil Collins 

I should have listened to the album And Then There Were Three 😎

• Like 2

I was in Ghent, Belgium, the other day and of course I visited a 'used record' store. I'm always amazed about how they set their prices. One was an original Making Movies (Dire Straights) album, from the 80s, for €12, while some other 'original' album, was €35, while it was worthless music. Of course, all this is very subjective, and I didn't inspect the vinyl's quality of both albums. 

Yesterday we moved the camping gear to the attic (probably to stay there for many years...), and I finally had the courage to go through all the boxes that are there since 2008, when we moved, looking for my two Rough Guides books that had been missing since 2008 and, yes, I found them! Haleluya! 

The  Rough Guides, to Classical music and Jazz date from 1994 and 1995, and to some would be hopelessly dated, but I like them a lot, and especially the Jazz guide is a great source of reference for classic albums. I used them when I started collecting CDs back then, and I will enjoy reading about my present viny collection! 

PS

Some may have noticed my absence in the past weeks. This was in part due to the summer holidays. It is also due to the fact that both my mother and mother-in-law, both in their eighties, are having very serious health issues. I kept listening to music, but there was little time for anything else, while important decisions needed to be made. 

PSX_20230825_053838.jpg

PSX_20230825_053805.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I was in Ghent, Belgium, the other day and of course I visited a 'used record' store. I'm always amazed about how they set their prices. One was an original Making Movies (Dire Straights) album, from the 80s, for €12, while some other 'original' album, was €35, while it was worthless music. Of course, all this is very subjective, and I didn't inspect the vinyl's quality of both albums. 

Yesterday we moved the camping gear to the attic (probably to stay there for many years...), and I finally had the courage to go through all the boxes that are there since 2008, when we moved, looking for my two Rough Guides books that had been missing since 2008 and, yes, I found them! Haleluya! 

The  Rough Guides, to Classical music and Jazz date from 1994 and 1995, and to some would be hopelessly dated, but I like them a lot, and especially the Jazz guide is a great source of reference for classic albums. I used them when I started collecting CDs back then, and I will enjoy reading about my present viny collection! 

PS

Some may have noticed my absence in the past weeks. This was in part due to the summer holidays. It is also due to the fact that both my mother and mother-in-law, both in their eighties, are having very serious health issues. I kept listening to music, but there was little time for anything else, while important decisions needed to be made. 

PSX_20230825_053838.jpg

PSX_20230825_053805.jpg

Better times will come again! And then You will be spinning for us again. All the Best for both mothers! 

• Like 4

On 8/24/2023 at 12:21 PM, Dave1291 said:

Nice way to slip back into reality after a couple times thru that Sixto lp.

Molly-Tuttle-2nd-lp.jpg

She's gonna leave a big mark imo.  STILL rollin places on tour and holdin her own!  :)

Is it just me, or do the colours of her suit and the stitching make you think of a baseball, especially on her pants?  Also, who is that young lady?  I can't make out her name, with the motion blur on the label.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Like, a 2012 MOV Columbia reissue

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/3899880-Miles-Davis-Sextet-Someday-My-Prince-Will-Come

It's nice to find the famous 6 eyes, like on the originals of the good years of Jazz

A good read on the history of Columbia labels  https://londonjazzcollector.wordpress.com/record-labels-guide/columbia-records/columbia-us-labels/

Who hasn't dreamed of the 6 eyes of the mono CL1355 from Kind Of Blue Heart >>>>   https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/2252871-Miles-Davis-Kind-Of-Blue/image/SW1hZ2U6ODgxMzc2MQ==

Back to Someday My Prince Will Come, it's a record from 1961, the last, it seems to me, of the sextet Miles Davis, Paul Chambers, Jimmy Cobb, Wynton Kelly, Hank Mobley, John Coltrane (edit: actually the sextet is only present on the title track)

Some reviews   https://www.gutsofdarkness.com/god/objet.php?objet=5010

I discover the disc that I only knew by the cover and by the two (unless I am mistaken or forgetting on my part) pieces, Someday My Pince Will Come and Teo, present on the box set The complete Columbia Recording "Miles Davis & John Coltrane" .

The woman on the cover is France Taylor, wife of Miles Davis at the time!

0atg.jpg

53dh.jpg

iiix.jpg

😄

• Like 5

Filles de Kilimanjaro, haven't listened to it yet, but I know all the tracks except one, thanks to the Columbia QUINTET box set https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/13814692-Miles-Davis-Filles-De-Kilimanjaro

A very nice MOV Columbia reissue of 2019, Betty Davis / Betty Gray Mabry on sleeve : song Mademoiselle Mabry

g602.jpg

I noticed a small mistake on the central label of this MOVLP2384: Petits Machins mistakenly becomes Petits Machines, normally discs with "quirks or anomalies" become a little more sought after! Mouai, finally there it is light and with a large circulation >>>  Petits Machines

• Like 5