Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

That was one of the best orchestral pieces in a movie in years when it came out.. if that's the first.

Cheers right back @GWSmith great choice!

Last of my two fingers for tonight.

PXL-20230520-011805556.jpg

Thank you JOHN!  Appreciate you hangin' here tonight and enjoying an adult libation with me!  This is from one of the later StarWars movies.  Date on this one is 2013.  Record ordered from Music Direct where I bought the Rega.  It is really a good orchestra sound considering it was recorded at ABBY Road studios and Skywalker Sound Stage.  ;)

• Like 4

Yes, I do know to measure twice and cut once. Seems I posted first and looked closer second.

You know what I meant though!

Got it!  Yes, I just checked my order sheet which I keep with the LP's for reference.  Picked this one up June 9, 2014 and was $34.99 back 9 years ago.  Not sure if still available and what price.   You certainly would enjoy this one.  Sounding good with tubes and horns tonight :biggrin2:.

• Like 3

Don't have horns to speak of with me anymore but the Voshkods are magnificent in those little hybrids!

They renamed all those and plain `ol Star Wars (I was 16 14 ) it had that manuscript I was speaking of!!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't have horns to speak of with me anymore but the Voshkods are magnificent in those little hybrids!

They renamed all those and plain `ol Star Wars (I was 16) had that manuscript I was speaking of!!

You had the written score for orchestra?  WOW!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok John and 'Amped', I am now onto Side 2 of disc 2.  Bidding you a good evening, and as always, good to be back here now and again with music from the Hall...  Good night to all :sleep:  🌙...................................................

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A new LP to the collection arrived from the UK a few days ago 

British jazz/blues band. Shortened its name to just "Web" for their last album and eventually evolved to progrock band 

A quick Review - Was intrigued a while back when I came across this album, and that led me to search it out and add it to the collection.

What a great album this is - a well rounded album in the jazz Prog genre- the horns are very well integrated and everything just works to keep the listener intrigued and entertained till the end of the album.

Artist - Web

Title - I-Spider 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/13512417-Web-I-Spider

DAD294-DC-BF45-4267-ABEC-F01-DA7298062.j

A photo with the system 

3-E48892-F-58-E6-411-A-A2-CF-34-CC74-A4-

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ha, better not look too close! Did some things that would make You seasoned wood-peckers go

Cowboy GIF - Charles Bronson Cow Boy Shake My Head GIFs

😂 😁 😉

But since you won´t hardly notice, once it´s finished and loaded, it´s fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Ha, better not look too close! Did some things that would make You seasoned wood-peckers go

Cowboy GIF - Charles Bronson Cow Boy Shake My Head GIFs

😂 😁 😉

But since you won´t hardly notice, once it´s finished and loaded, it´s fine.

It's all Kid, all good. DON"T rush the project.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AndreG. said:

The Thorens or the LP? 😎

Well, he knows that TT makes me drool<_<

I meant the Half-Speed Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars album!

Got a clean copy myself. If you've got 70s stuff I might call it nessecary to have that one!

Bowie was a rocker then, off his rocker also!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2