The Klipsch Audio Community
burninator

Car Thread

The son of my best long time friend is a pro Drift racer. He is a master rotary builder who is the only rotary user in the League. This pup belongs to an older lady who used to photograph the events nationwide. IMG_0349.thumb.JPG.7195ad582a803ea94a4abe5c532d5d53.JPG

• Like 1

A short clip of Kyle's building exploits.  The lone rotary in Formula Drift. Using sustainable products... fuel and lubricant.

6 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

image.png.b8967fe39bf2b3a42c28cf22cd9915eb.png

This car smokes too much for me.

JJK

• Haha 1

My best friend just bought a new to him toy 2 days ago and we took it out last night. Copperhead Edition #5 out of 300, never wrecked with 16,000 original miles... 100 mph in 6th gear comes in at 1,600 RPM's.

510 Horsepower, 535 Ft. /Lbs. Torque.

dodge-viper-srt-10-roadster-copperhead-edition-c731028042016075958_4.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

My best friend just bought a new to him toy 2 days ago and we took it out last night. Copperhead Edition #5 out of 300, never wrecked with 16,000 original miles... 100 mph in 6th gear comes in at 1,600 RPM's.

WERE YOU IMPRESSED

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

WERE YOU IMPRESSED

Randy,

Hell yea for a Chrysler. I think it needs twin turbos though and the stock shifter sucks for banging gears.

Also, he is about 6'2 and I am 6'3" and those doors and windows are for midgets. Furthermore those lower Rockers with the hidden side pipes get pretty friggin hot if you are putting your foot in her and it is hard to get in and out of without hitting those on your calf, but gets a lot more attention than a Vette and it is nice to drive a modern car that actually has torque! It didn't even lug in 6th gear at 100 mph. 19 mpg isn't bad for a big cube V-10 either.

The Copper Head edition was also put on a 500 pound diet.

Roger

57 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Randy,

Hell yea for a Chrysler. I think it needs twin turbos though and the stock shifter sucks for banging gears.

Also, he is about 6'2 and I am 6'3" and those doors and windows are for midgets. Furthermore those lower Rockers with the hidden side pipes get pretty friggin hot if you are putting your foot in her and it is hard to get in and out of without hitting those on your calf, but gets a lot more attention than a Vette and it is nice to drive a modern car that actually has torque! It didn't even lug in 6th gear at 100 mph. 19 mpg isn't bad for a big cube V-10 either.

Roger

16 k miles is brand new -----for a 2005 -the shifter linkage can be changed ,  and so can the transmission which is a Tremec ------it definitely does not shift like a manual  Porsche , but at 1/4 of the price , it aint bad -she's the widest they make , this car takes up the entire  lane  from side to side --------forget the windows , doors , it's not made for tall guys -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

16 k miles is brand new -----for a 2005 -the shifter linkage can be changed ,  and so can the transmission which is a Tremec ------it definitely does not shift like a manual  Porsche , but at 1/4 of the price , it aint bad -she's the widest they make , this car takes up the entire  lane  from side to side --------forget the windows , doors , it's not made for tall guys -

Randy,

What Tranny options fit and what about shifters ?

Yeah, she is wide, that console is real wide. First thing I have been in with him where we weren't really hitting elbows or pushing each others arms off of a console in the middle. Hell we can't even do that in his 3/4 ton Chevy or his 3/4 ton Ford

I take that back though, his H-1 was wider  :D

She steers like a Go-Cart, but the *** end is really loose. It is no wonder about 2/3rds of them are fixed wrecks.

She also needs a rear wing. 

The guy my buddy bought this one from had a second one, with a wing, lots of carbon fiber and engine mods with nitrous and 900 rear wheel Horsepower,

I also like that it is a rag top.... maybe I am getting too old?

Roger