What I Got Today!

Brac

Ryanm84, as an outdoor recreation area contractor......VERY nice. Awesome craftsmanship. I'm sure pavers are popular there since there is no ground freeze and heaving going on. Around here, we normally go with a decorative concrete surface. I'll bet you spend a lot of time out there.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, ryanm84 said:

Replaced the patio around my pool. Tan pavers that got to about 10,000 degrees during hot AZ summer days.

Good looking yard, where you live the last thing you need is anything that attracts heat, bet it radiated back out at night ?

4 hours ago, ryanm84 said:

Replaced the patio around my pool. Tan pavers that got to about 10,000 degrees during hot AZ summer days. Also removed a gawdawful waterfall for a slight reconfigure of the whole area.

Nice job Ryan, that Arizona heat is brutal but the winters are quite nice.

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Ryanm84, as an outdoor recreation area contractor......VERY nice. Awesome craftsmanship. I'm sure pavers are popular there since there is no ground freeze and heaving going on. Around here, we normally go with a decorative concrete surface. I'll bet you spend a lot of time out there.

We do spend a lot of time outside. The pool is next to a casita so we have a fridge, TV and music available. The grill and outdoor fireplace are all convenient too. I'm really hoping this tile is much cooler than pavers. That was the #1 goal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Good looking yard, where you live the last thing you need is anything that attracts heat, bet it radiated back out at night ?

Yes radiated for quite a while. You could wet it down but when it's 113 and in direct sun all day long it was always hot.

its all light colors now to help combat the heat.

4 minutes ago, ryanm84 said:

We do spend a lot of time outside. The pool is next to a casita so we have a fridge, TV and music available. The grill and outdoor fireplace are all convenient too. I'm really hoping this tile is much cooler than pavers. That was the #1 goal.

Here's a project from last year...2200 ft stamped pad, bar, grill, fridge, TV stereo, fire pit, waterfall. I wish  had one of these in my back yard.Firepit 2.jpg

• Like 4

I got to work early because traffic was light due to the holiday. This may not seem like much to the rest of you, but I have a 50-mile commute (each way) to and from work, passing right through the second-largest city in the USA, so any day I can make it to work in only an hour starts out being a really good day!

P.S. I've already checked out trains; the nearest station is 2 miles from my office and the closest arrival/departure times are 2 hours off from my work hours.

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've been using that for a while Scott.  Great SQ.  You should enjoy it.

I had knee surgery yesterday so I installed it last night. I tried Tidal a couple (?) years ago and decided it wasn't worth it on Windows 8.1 because of the locking up, waiting to buffer, limited catalog and I couldn't get lossless on the desktop app. Now, I'm using it with Windows 10.

Well, all that has changed and man am I impressed with the sound quality. Compared to Spotify Premium the improvement in my system is almost entirely in the highs. Warm, smooth and very, very listenable. Makes the highs on Spotify sound 'mp3ish'. Bass is comparable but overall, Tidal sounds outstanding on my system.

I'm streaming HDMI out of my laptop to an HDMI Audio Extractor> optical>DEQ 2496>Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2.

I'm interested in the whole MQA thing but right now, my DAC is 24/96 and it sounds great.

So far, the only thing I really miss is being able to control Tidal from my phone. I really got used to that with Spotify. I'm gonna run both for a while and then make a decision which one to keep.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good day everyone...........well, I thought I would add a bunch of photos of what I just unboxed a short while ago....  So, speaking media and such, this goes with my restored Dual 506 TT....    The latest phono stage from Cambridge Audio, supposed upgraded model of the one I have connected to the Rega rp6....   My audio man said I may want to swap them after the breakin period...   Here is the SLEW of photos for you......IMG_2382.jpgIMG_2383.jpgIMG_2384.jpgIMG_2385.jpgIMG_2386.jpgIMG_2388.jpgIMG_2389.jpg..........and the two stacked for photographic reasons...     There you have it...........it will get commissioned tonight over in the RTM forum :)IMG_2391.jpg

...................Gary

• Like 2

Thank you Bill............ I will be fun to give that a whirl a bit later tonight.

I noted your system listing, and the Onkyo AV receiver....   I JUST today, re-installed my old Onkyo SR-501 from studio monitor duty to secondary audio system in the Music Hall along with the KH's and tube gear...   It sounds fine with a pair of Pinnacle AC-850 speakers...

The new CP-1 will be hooked to that system with the Dual.....   Good times ^_^

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!