The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Picked this up, to test out my new OLED TV, that I just brought home. This should put it through the visual paces:
5f43bca50d644994e80b7f5024b1a96e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, K5SS said:

Picked this up, to test out my new OLED TV, that I just brought home. This should put it through the visual paces:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool movie with some intense LFE content. Congrats on the new tv.

• Like 1

Actually yesterday.

One owner 2000 Acura with ZERO rust, due to spending winters in Nevada (hence the dark tint to block desert sun).  But for the passenger front door power lock, everything works.  The car is tight, despite 109K on the odometer. The car has leather and every other option Acura offered.  The 3.2 Honda lump purrs until you mash it.

I got drafted into helping our 29 y.o. son’s significant other buy a car with a $2,500 budget.  Locking up this car for under $3K was a miracle.  In this market, if you’re not the first responder with cash in hand, the good deals get away.

The young woman in question was despondent over losing out on a Buick that seemed to be a good deal.  She would text me links to listings, which required me to drop everything to race , cash in hand, to kiss frogs.  Had she gotten that car, this fantastic opportunity would not have been realized.

This car was posted on Craigslist on Friday July 27.  A kid and his mother saw it on Friday afternoon and put down $300 with a promise to return Saturday by 5pm with the rest of the cash.  We saw the car Saturday morning only to learn that it was “sold.”  I asked the seller to call me if the deal fell through.  The kid failed to show on Saturday, asked for more time, and wanted to know if a money order would be OK. After exchanging several texts Saturday evening and yesterday morning, the seller asked how quickly I could be there with the cash.  Less than an hour later the excellent car was parked in my son’s driveway.

We surprised her when she returned from yoga.  It was fun, but, best of all, no more tire kicking.

3ED4CB6E-FF07-4071-BA2D-E716FCD0A7D7.jpeg

• Like 7

Nice find. I bet it was garaged, too.

I have an '89 Olds. No rust. No paint either.

• Haha 2

What motor is it running? The j30?

4 hours ago, Schu said:

What motor is it running? The j30?

You could fool me.  All I know is it has a 3.2 liter V6.

According to Google, j30 is an Infinity motor, so, I’ll go out on a limb and say no.

J30... good motor.

48404779006_f6168b4b2c_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Schu said:

J30... good motor.

48404779006_f6168b4b2c_b.jpg

What is that thing Michael?  Needs more camber.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Needs more camber.

Lowered.  Looks like dookie.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Lowered.  Looks like dookie.

I have to agree.  I doubt I will ever understand the money and effort put into something that was always ugly from the start.  But like most things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  

I couldn't help myself... I got some garage speakers.  Built in 1982 and already has a Crites capacitor replacement.  I will only refinish these, but all the drivers seem to be in great condition.

48409882252_3e5a33bbd9_h.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

I couldn't help myself...

Haha ... common problem here :D 

• Like 1

I did not get this today, but we did finally get 9's in the Taurus SHO I tune this past Sunday in Indy.

• Like 4

Raceway Park, I love that place. Very nice speed out of that SHO, sounds spectacular. Didn't Yamaha build that engine originally?

I've been down that track on two wheels a few times, it will get busy in about 5 weeks!

=== was this at Street Car Takeover? I had friends there representing Pro Charger —

53 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Didn't Yamaha build that engine originally?

Yep.

16 hours ago, richieb said:

=== was this at Street Car Takeover? I had friends there representing Pro Charger —

Yep.  We were at SCT Denver, 2 weeks prior.  We spun a bearing there and got a new motor built and in just in time to make this event (we went to Vegas in between and then the owner had to drive 2 days back to Atlanta, from Denver).

It still has a Yamaha motor, but with a custom intake.  We've also got aluminum rods in this and the block is 3/4 filled with concrete. 

There should be another 1320 Video feature on this car, very soon...  Which will be the third.  Also, we'll be on Netflix with this car in the fall.  :)

67248083_10157670309942112_7222656363481

My reaction to the concrete was the same as Barak's.  I'll check out the links.

Is that Taurus FWD or is it AWD?