What I Got Today!

Brac

On 1/12/2021 at 4:32 PM, JJkizak said:

Hard to believe that the foam would hold that concrete without bulging outward especially while packing it to relieve air pockets.

JJK

Yea it gets braced with vertical braces at specified spacing, I can't remember the spacing. And then horizontally where the contractor determines necessary. A concrete vibrator is used to facilitate the concrete placement. And yes there are sometimes "blowouts".

DUH.... the braces are shown in some of the pictures. They double as scaffolding.

47 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes, that's the pic.  Sheds look a little differently around here.

35 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

That looks more like the start of a bank vault around here.

CC and Rs dictate that it looks just like the house, so fiber cement siding and concrete roof tile. And since I dug into the slope(for clearance behind the garage) a retaining wall is part of the deal too. I'm going to have my stone mason build the natural stone wall to the left right up to the shed wall. And on the right side I will do the same with the man-made block.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

@babadonoThat looks like a great base and footer for a shed, are there earthquake codes you have to comply to? 

IDK, I'm trying to do this under the radar. Was told anything 10' x 12' or less does not need permit. Once its done I don't want problems with it other than critters trying to call it home:)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, babadono said:

IDK, I'm trying to do this under the radar. Was told anything 10' x 12' or less does not need permit. Once its done I don't want problems with it other than critters trying to call it home:)

I doubt they'll be able to get into that bunker.

Those tensioning systems were used in one of the buildings I worked in with 50 foot long length concrete beams with cables inside them. When someone ran on the roof it started to pulsate looking for a resonant frequency. Scared the crap out of us.

JJK

6 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Those systems are usually used on bridges and parking deck type applications, right? Never seen that used on a backyard garage.

my home has it in the foundation... I was just curious because E did so much of his home himself.

I've built some of NYC tunnels & highways in the past10 years, & I would have used Re-bar if I was parking a 5-ton truck in that structure. Wire should of been used, unless he had it laying around.

Just my $.02😁.