I did the Black Friday 1 time...

rebuy

Yep--1 Time--Never Again.

I live in a small community and figured it would be OK.

We did live in the D.C. area for years and never did a Black Friday.

So, in our small town a couple of years ago--we went to Wally World.

I didn't know we had so many people around.

People walking around with TV's and stuff.

I'll never do that again--What about you?

While I'm thinking about the Holidays.

If you were drunk and needed to go home in Washington

you could call a cab and get a Free ride home in

the Sober Ride Program.

Around here, it's called--Intoxataxi.

Yes and a drunk person has to say  intox-a-taxi.

Hell, I can hardly say this sober.

What hillbilly decided to call a sober ride, in-tox-a-taxi?

It's just stoopid.

21 minutes ago, Schu said:

Click click click... I do it all the time 

So I'm reading this report and it say's

Nevada is the 5th Most violent state 

for Black Friday--WV is 10th.

I've heard of people fighting over TV's in my area.

Highest risk of Black Friday violence:

1.     Tennessee
  2.     Arkansas
  3.     Alabama
  4.     Louisiana
  5.     Nevada
  6.     New Mexico
  7.     Missouri
  8.     Alaska
  9.     South Carolina
  10.     West Virginia

Lowest risk of Black Friday violence:

1.     Maine
  2.     Vermont
  3.     Connecticut
  4.     New Hampshire
  5.     Rhode Island
  6.     Virginia
  7.     New Jersey
  8.     Oregon
  9.     Wyoming
  10.     Idaho

According to Reviews, though West Virginia ranks only 27th in violent crimes on Black Friday, the Mountain State ranks first in the country in Black Friday interest, prompting the jump in risk.

Walmart has had a disproportionate number of incidents—more than all other locations combined at 57 percent. This is most likely because Walmart is the largest U.S. retailer, so they have more stores to begin with.

I have my Amazon Cart loaded and ready to go for whenever some kind of sale starts.

I have noticed our local Sams Club has been stocking up on TV's, in particular LG.  They usually push Vizio and Samsung, this is the first time I've noticed them putting LG by the door as you walk in.

There were a couple of 65" for under a $1000.  You still have to go to about $1500 to get the 75".

I don't need a TV but my next one will not have a tuner as I plan to cut the cable ASAP.  I want good picture and it can have the crappiest sound system since I've got that audio thing covered.  B)

6 minutes ago, rebuy said:

I've heard of people fighting over TV's in my area.

I don't know if you've heard this, but the Walmart in Ripley is way bigger than it was supposed to be. 

The rumor was they got the plans mixed up with a Walmart from another state and Ripley got the Super Center way before they were popular.  The consequences of having the bigger store (as I'm sure you know) is people came from everywhere to shop there and now it is hugely successful.

I would guess the main reason people don't fight over stuff at Walmart in our area is that everyone is armed!  :lol:

11 minutes ago, rebuy said:

You still struggling with the cable issue???

No, it is 100% fixed.  The problem was the cabling.  It had water in it from the outside, you could bend the cable and actually hear the crackling in the cable.  A good cable is dead silent.

A guy came out and in two hours replaced every cable from the box to the pole.  Now I get 200 up, 20 down and ZERO problems since the cable was fixed, 100% reliability.

I did this Speedtest.net about 2 minutes ago.

Suddenlink new cable.PNG

16 minutes ago, rebuy said:

I'm staying home.

Yes, I'm always armed.

I never leave home without it.

I'm not sure if the liberals who are not-from-here understand that, they don't understand our culture.  Most of us are country folks and we don't all live next to a police station.  It could be a half-hour or more from them to get to us once they are called.  If our homes or loved ones are threatened, law enforcement is not the first responders.

We are.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I have my Amazon Cart loaded and ready to go for whenever some kind of sale starts.

I have noticed our local Sams Club has been stocking up on TV's, in particular LG.  They usually push Vizio and Samsung, this is the first time I've noticed them putting LG by the door as you walk in.

There were a couple of 65" for under a $1000.  You still have to go to about $1500 to get the 75".

I don't need a TV but my next one will not have a tuner as I plan to cut the cable ASAP.  I want good picture and it can have the crappiest sound system since I've got that audio thing covered.  B)

If you can try to get the new ATSC 3.0 tuner which they all are going to but you still will be able to receive with the old tuner.

JJK

• Thanks 1

I quit my job last month and am taking a few months off of work.  First time in over two decades that I'm not working retail on Black Friday.  And what does my wife want me to do that day?!  Go pick up a new laptop at Best Buy!!  I told her she's out of her mind! :huh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Merry Capitalism!

And Happy New Debt.

If it weren’t for the Jones’ I wouldn’t know what I am missing.

...yet somehow, I KNOW I would miss it...

It's corporate fascism.  Take notice that corporations are global, while labor is not.  The solution is obvious, yet difficult to achieve.  As for debt, each of us have control over our own personal finances.  Ideology leads the thoughtless astray.

• Like 1

"Black Friday" - sounds so bleak, down, brooding doesn't it? Let's try Rainbow Friday or Sky Blue Pink Friday, even Butterscotch Swirl Friday. And picture all the Happy Shoppers skipping and swaying their way through their smartly decorated Wal Mart and local Outlet Malls. That's all. Enjoy your New Vision Friday everyone - Happy Hunting. 

• Like 1