Just won action bid on pair of LS ll's "open box"

RadBlue

....and I'm sitting here at my comp waiting for payment processing ...https://niagaraauction.thriftythursdays.ca/item.cfm?ItemNum=32451,....my stomach is doing weird stuff, these are my dream speakers but  way above my paygrade, never thought I'd actually own a set. In December I settled on a pair of RS7-lll's (actually it was RS7-ll's I paid for as the 3's were also above my paygrade, but they over sold on web sale and sent me the 3's instead)...anyhow, think I just needed to tell someone to make it real  :D

....Oh and while I was waiting for auction to end I managed to scoop this https://niagaraauction.thriftythursdays.ca/item.cfm?ItemNum=32665 just in case I wanted more bass than the LS's could do :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, USNRET said:

niagara auction huh NICE GRAB!!!!

Thnx :)

21 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Nice!  Hope the payment processes quickly and you have those babies singing soon at your house!

..still waiting..I should just go to bed, watched pot and all that.

oh and hi all, I'm new here but been lurking around since December. Lots of great info and ppl here. I've read probably over 500 threads on here since then, too many actually as now I can't remember what amps go well with LS's. Guess its soon time to start asking questions.

" ITEM PICKUP INFORMATION
Your payment has been processed. Please allow 72 hours for processing before contacting the vendor. Please contact vendor to ensure product is ready for pick-up when you arrive. Unless otherwise directed in the above description please present this certificate along with identification to claim your Item/Items. Thank you for using www.thriftythursdays.ca "

...3 days, ther killing me here....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RadBlue said:

" ITEM PICKUP INFORMATION
Your payment has been processed. Please allow 72 hours for processing before contacting the vendor. Please contact vendor to ensure product is ready for pick-up when you arrive. Unless otherwise directed in the above description please present this certificate along with identification to claim your Item/Items. Thank you for using www.thriftythursdays.ca "

...3 days, ther killing me here....

Sorry, but I would regard the "allow 72 hours for precessing before contacting the vendor" to be more of a suggestion than a rule.  ..And I would ignore the suggestion.  If it were me, after giving them over $5K, I'd reach out to them the very next day to make sure all seems kosher.  ..Just my $.02

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RadBlue said:

my stomach is doing weird stuff, these are my dream speakers

I hope it was not "Nigeria" auctions ... next you'll be getting an email from a "Prince" asking you for another 5 grand :(

Good luck!

Cheers, Emile :D 

41 minutes ago, Emile said:

I hope it was not "Nigeria" auctions ... next you'll be getting an email from a "Prince" asking you for another 5 grand :(

Good luck!

--- yeah I've had correspondence with the Prince and his attaché. I gladly sent him the $5K he requested for the $24 Mil to be deposited into my account. But damn its been a while and I'm still waiting - 4+ years ?!? I'm sure there has been a mix-up --?!?! 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, ODS123 said:

Sorry, but I would regard the "allow 72 hours for precessing before contacting the vendor" to be more of a suggestion than a rule.  ..And I would ignore the suggestion.  If it were me, after giving them over $5K, I'd reach out to them the very next day to make sure all seems kosher.  ..Just my $.02

Ya thats what  I did ,called them this afternoon told them I have the claim vouchers printed out and they told me to come in and finish the paperwork. Went down after dinner, the LS's were gone from the display area and there were LaScala ll boxes stacked by the wall....just 10 ft away......sooooo close......arranged for delivery hopefully Monday :)

Didn't see a huge Paradigm box so they prob haven't got to it yet. Turns out the sub weights in at 278lbs (gasp...) so I need to figure where I want it this weekend cuz gonna be a royal pain to move if I get it wrong :(

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Emile said:

Good luck!

lol, no thankfully not a Nigerian in sight ..but . .the guy I had to deal with tonight I wouldn't have minded sending there. I tried to ask him a question about the sub placement and he cut me off and said " It's a sub, you can put it anywhere " -_- . I just dropped the Idea of asking him anything else and went back to signing papers. I'll call the guy I was originally talking to ( he was great, very helpful ) tomorrow.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, babadono said:

I see nothing Colonel Hogan.

lol, ya seems the Items are pulled off site after auction is done.

First link was for the LS ll' open box,I won that for 4500 cnd

Second was for the Paradigm Studio-Sub 15( Rosenut ) openbox, I got it for 1500

And the one I was crying over was an Anthem P-5 power amp, someone got it for 5300

https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/model=p5/page=overview   that's a sick amp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice.  Congratulations!  You've got a mighty fine system there.

You saved in two ways:  first, by paying great prices, and second, by not buying a succession of gear that wasn't what you ultimately wanted, and the expense and effort of selling and trading away that stuff, plus possibly years of listening to equipment that wasn't at the level of what you really wanted, and now have.  Moving step by step up any product line is always more costly than just getting what you wanted in the first place.

Well done, and happy listening!

• Like 1