Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Westcoastdrums

Who is AWAKE?

Recommended Posts

And where are you from?   I'm rarely awake at this time.  Hint, it's 0206 my time.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As to what I expected.  Still spinning on the decks and rocking out with the KP302s. Now, almost 0300 my time , deep house projecting from the speakers, garage door shut..... (10 or so left In the  crowd). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been awake since 0325 ET. I have already worked out, showered, and now sitting at my desk at work.

 

Shakey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

A storm woke me up at 4am 😀

Same storm woke me. And the dog. The wife snored her way through it though. 🤨

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

At work myself.   Hurts so good sometimes with no sleep. 

You gotta love when your body goes into 'survival mode'. Thats dope you spin deep house, do you record any of your sets? I have tech house or deep house playing though my KG 5.5's pretty much all day while I do insurance spreadsheets. I had a buddy in college that was a pretty good local DJ and he would open a lot at Beta nightclub in Denver and would always hook me up with VIP Passes. Those Funktion 1 speakers are something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, twk123 said:

You gotta love when your body goes into 'survival mode'. Thats dope you spin deep house, do you record any of your sets? I have tech house or deep house playing though my KG 5.5's pretty much all day while I do insurance spreadsheets. I had a buddy in college that was a pretty good local DJ and he would open a lot at Beta nightclub in Denver and would always hook me up with VIP Passes. Those Funktion 1 speakers are something else.

That system was incredible, so is the one at Temple Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy was mixing. I think he does record sets, but usually not the slower ones. I asked him to play something mellow since it was late that wouldn't scare people off haha.   I don't drink coffee like most of you... Just loose leaf tea.   Not strong enough today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funktion one system at the vanguard in Hollywood was always my favorite.   Literally breath taking sometimes, love it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

That system was incredible, so is the one at Temple Denver.

It looks like they have a similar Funktion One system with a different subwoofer configuration. I have always wondered how a Klipsch Cinema Grandeur stack would face off against a Funktion One system. I still think Klipsch dropped the ball on not cornering this market, it seems the British Funktion One is now the default for the kind of clubs and venues that Klipsch used to reside in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we had a venue out this way that did shows with a killer klipsch system.   I am always shocked how good the small klipsch Pro gear sounds.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twk123 said:

It looks like they have a similar Funktion One system with a different subwoofer configuration. I have always wondered how a Klipsch Cinema Grandeur stack would face off against a Funktion One system. I still think Klipsch dropped the ball on not cornering this market, it seems the British Funktion One is now the default for the kind of clubs and venues that Klipsch used to reside in.

That market, night club/disco started to build up in mid 70s, Klipsch had a piece of that with Klipsch Professional, but Fred sold that off when he bought the Company.  The market size isn't as big as you probably  imagine, with tight and ever shrinking margins.  

 

The major player in that market, John Meyer (Meyer Sound) was deeply influenced by Paul Klipsch, and used Klipsch in the first night club he did in Hayward.

 

Funktion One uses horns driven by cones in the midrange, which is what Andrews claims is the reason you can listen at high levels for long periods without fatigue on their system.  Funktion One is a tiny fraction of of the size of Klipsch professional today, a dozen employees out in the country in Surrey working in a tiny building pumping it out.  Not the biggest, he says, but the best.

 

I think if someone gave Roy $500,000 and said go to work he could BLOW that system away

 

 

 

 

space1.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

 I am always shocked how good the small klipsch Pro gear sounds.   

You need to hear the larger ones.

 

A couple

pilgrimage_2010.JPG

speakers (22).JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...