Speaker cables for Cornwall III?

Northman

In a week I will be receiving my new Hi-Fi system.

Yamaha A-S2100

Yamaha CD-S2100
Klipsch Cornwall III

I was wondering if you have any recommendations for speaker cables for the Cornwalls?

I dont want it to sound to bright on the top end..

Would you recommend banana or spade connectors?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northman said:

In a week I will be receiving my new Hi-Fi system.

Yamaha A-S2100

Yamaha CD-S2100
Klipsch Cornwall III

I was wondering if you have any recommendations for speaker cables for the Cornwalls?

Would you recommend banana or spade connectors?

Wow, what a setup.  I have the A-S1000/CD-S1000 combo and am completely happy with the performance.

I think you are in for a big treat.

Bill

Buy two conductor by the 50" roll at PE. I normally buy 12 to 14 gauge which is gross overkill for the job I expect it to do but then I never have to worry about using it on other speakers either. Some of mine have far more demand than Cornwalls. Speaker cables have absolutely nothing to do with shrill unless you somehow are getting some sort of electronic interference from another device.

I use banana's for convenience because I am constantly moving things around but after a while they can get loose and can cause poor connections. For my quasi permanent hookups I use the fork end crimp connectors and they work forever.

People will talk you into expensive wires that do nothing but conduct electricity like the cheap ones do. It is crazy how much some will spend and at Audiogon you can spend $20,000.00 on a set and the snake oil that comes with it is the exciting bonus. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Schu said:

To bad... you just missed out on a pair of 300$ silver speaker wires in the garage sale section.

You are right but his comment below may apply to those.

3 hours ago, Northman said:

Bill

1 hour ago, ricktate said:

Never heard that amp but if I was going to spend that kind of money I might have to call Cory and look in to Parasound amps. Thats also McIntosh territory price range. I cant afford either one so I cant judge...lol 

I can't afford any of those mentioned either but let me tell these Yamaha analog amps are pretty special.  They are built like bank vaults at 50lbs+ and dead quiet.

Just look at the guts of the A-S2100.

Related image

and CD-2100

Image result for yamaha CD-S2100

Bill

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

I use http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/ Kord and Karma SS. Inexpensive and they work, sound the same but choose your look. Currently the Karma SS is in use from a McIntosh amp to Cornwall IIIs. Banana or spades; your choice but I use locking banana currently.

Same here for several connections, and use other moderately priced wires as well.

How about some platinum wire ... only $18,000 per set ... https://soundapproach.com/wireworld-platinum-eclipse-8-pes-standard-speaker-cable-pair.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ZLh2fu13gIVG7bACh0LMwdvEAQYAiABEgLlSfD_BwE 

Just kidding :D  You can get a good 50' roll of speaker wire at many places for $20.  But ... make sure it is ALL COPPER and OXYGEN FREE.

25 minutes ago, Emile said:

How about some platinum wire ... only $18,000 per set ... https://soundapproach.com/wireworld-platinum-eclipse-8-pes-standard-speaker-cable-pair.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ZLh2fu13gIVG7bACh0LMwdvEAQYAiABEgLlSfD_BwE 

Just kidding :D  You can get a good 50' roll of speaker wire at many places for $20.  But ... make sure it is ALL COPPER and OXYGEN FREE.

It's actually silver, not platinum.

and, a quote from the site about their insulation...

Composilex 3 provides rewarding improvements in vividness, focus and dynamic contrast.

• Haha 1