Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
bkwa1959

6sn7 GTB

Recommended Posts

I have a intergrated amp that uses 2 6sn7 tubes and I want to try different tubes,does anyone have any suggestions.Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS hytron 5692... accept no substitute. 

Also, consider the Chinese cv-181... they are very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't met any vintage 6sn7's I haven't liked and was just given my first pair of 5692's so I am excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ken-Rad black glass. Killer bass.
 
IMG_20180629_141951374.thumb.jpg.01c7c44abb3cf7944d3971d3590cc121.jpg
Yeah, the dog couldn't handle it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Schu said:

I need a 6sn7 preamp...

I love My Cary SLP-98. Not cheap, but I've seen some deals on used ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevinmi said:

I love My Cary SLP-98. Not cheap, but I've seen some deals on used ones.

I had an Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 preamp that was factory built and upgraded with oil in paper caps and upgraded hexfreds that sounded great. One of the few pieces I regretted selling. I later replaced with the AE-3 MKII which I thought didn't sound as good as the original. AES was the "budget" or dyi division of Cary years ago and no longer exists. They come up for sale every so often and are not that pricey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, veloceleste said:

I had an Audio Electronic Supply AE-3 preamp that was factory built and upgraded with oil in paper caps and upgraded hexfreds that sounded great. One of the few pieces I regretted selling. I later replaced with the AE-3 MKII which I thought didn't sound as good as the original. AES was the "budget" or dyi division of Cary years ago and no longer exists. They come up for sale every so often and are not that pricey.

I almost purchased one myself, but I needed more inputs than the 3 on the AES. Plus I have the phono stage, which I really love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 8:19 AM, Schu said:

I need a 6sn7 preamp...

Schu try to find a Rogue Magnum 99 you won't be sorry... Their customer service is second to none also...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canyonman said:

Schu try to find a Rogue Magnum 99 you won't be sorry... Their customer service is second to none also...

 

99INSIDE.JPG

 

Interesting... Ive been watching Cary slp-05's, but this looks nice also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 11:08 PM, rplace said:

Ken-Rad black glass. Killer bass.

 

IMG_20180629_141951374.thumb.jpg.01c7c44abb3cf7944d3971d3590cc121.jpg

How do those compare to the RCA tube?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, mopardave said:

How do those compare to the RCA tube?

 

I've had/got a bunch of Sylvania, Rogers, GEs, etc. Can't say that I recall any RCAs. For me the Ken-Rad has a thick, luscious low end that really makes me smile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...