CD Stuck in Car Changer

boom3

I have a CD stuck in the changer of my 2012 Genesis. Various remedies were suggested on the web:

1. Remove both fuses for 10 minutes to make the AV system perform hard reset. No Joy.

2. Attempt to load another desk while holding on to it, in the theory that it will "grab" the stuck disc enough for the changer to spit out the stuck one. Nope, nothing happened.

There are other remedies involving crotchet hooks and double--faced tape, but I am not about try those for fear of damaging the changer (a costly item).

I know how to get to the changer from a YouTube vid, but that's last resort. The Genesis forum yielded one non-helpful response.

I'm not even sure why the CD is stuck; it doesn't have a label (quit using CD labels long ago).

Any non-invasive ideas?

23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You bought a genesis?  Sounds pretty cool, how do you like it?

For background, I drove Grand Marques for 22 years. Ford lost interest in those cars long before they were discontinued (the Panther chassis) and the technology and quality fell behind. A mechanic buddy reecommended  Gennies and I drove a a two-year old  '12 and fell in love. Like going from the Queen Mary to a destroyer. I like everything but the fact that sometimes the AV system doesn't come on. The Hyundai Genesis forums are mainly the realm of those who want to hot rod the cars, not fix intrinsic problems, so they have been of little help. I did, however, score a free service manual from the forum owner.

The Lexicon stereo is amazing, which makes the stuck CD issue all the more annoying. I have to say that not only is the Lexicon the best car audio I've ever heard, but it is also one of the best audio systems I've ever experienced. Being tuned to the cabin, it is milers beyond anything aftermarket I could afford, and since I mainly listen to classical, I don't need boom-car bass.