Diet

Bosco-d-gama

I used to do isometric exercises... you can do them a ywhere, even a couple of minutes... push a wall, etc.

My brother got me started in the late '60s, when he got a copy of some Canadian Air Force exercises.

• Like 1

Since my last post in this thread, I've lost a little over 20 more pounds for a total of close to 100lbs since March of 2020.

I've increased my resistance training with dumbells and resistance bands in addition to my frequently labor intense job. Still intermittent fast and generally Keto but mostly low-carb. I've upped my protein consumption and started supplementing with creatine. Went down another pant size to a 36 waist whereas my biggest was a 46.

My two biggest downfalls.....pizza and burritos.....are almost completely out of my diet but not quite. It just keeps getting easier and easier. Temptation is like a thing of the past. 

Good luck to you guys. Stick with it because it's totally worth it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, SWL said:

Since my last post in this thread, I've lost a little over 20 more pounds for a total of close to 100lbs since March of 2020.

I've increased my resistance training with dumbells and resistance bands in addition to my frequently labor intense job. Still intermittent fast and generally Keto but mostly low-carb. I've upped my protein consumption and started supplementing with creatine. Went down another pant size to a 36 waist whereas my biggest was a 46.

My two biggest downfalls.....pizza and burritos.....are almost completely out of my diet but not quite. It just keeps getting easier and easier. Temptation is like a thing of the past. 

Good luck to you guys. Stick with it because it's totally worth it. 

That's definitely amazing progress. From a 46 to a 36 - Holy Moly! 100 lbs? Fantastic. It definitely gets easier the longer you stay with it. You sort of "uncondition" yourself to the old eating habits. You should be able to get all the way to your goal if you have come this far. Man, I'm impressed.

• Like 5

Forgot to mention that I still have not gone back to any type of fast/processed food or soda or sugar of any kind except a little Ketchup here and there. At this point it's just too easy.....and to screw it up now would be foolish.

It's kinda hard at first but just keeps getting easier and easier as time goes on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

Fantastic. It definitely gets easier the longer you stay with it. You sort of "uncondition" yourself to the old eating habits.

Exactly! 

• Like 1

Speaking of pool halls I just had my table covered with tour edition cloth in a pretty dark blue.  Balls roll so much better and it holds English now.

The two guys that stripped the old cloth, leveled the table and tighten the rails took about four hours.  Expensive but I'm pleased.

The billiard room would be a good music room as its much larger than my current room.  I can't have both without compromise though.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Speaking of pool halls I just had my table covered with tour edition cloth in a pretty dark blue.  Balls roll so much better and it holds English now.

The two guys that stripped the old cloth, leveled the table and tighten the rails took about four hours.  Expensive but I'm pleased.

The billiard room would be a good music room as its much larger than my current room.  I can't have both without compromise though.

Too bad you're not over here.  My brother has a table, and we used to play a lot.  Now, we play a little together since I got kind of busy, but he still plays all the time.  He's a good player.  I'm a fair player.

He re-felted his table not too long ago, and it made an amazing difference.

• Like 3

Diet change starts tomorrow.  Have had success with low carb and Paleo.  Actually looking forward to losing the 10 pound bowling ball Ive been carrying around my waist.  Dieting always works better than exercise increase for me.

Has anyone else noticed some commercials now feature larger folks?  The medication Jardiance ad features a very large female being treated like a rock star as she flits through a crowd.  Poor ankle, knee, and hip joints is what I think of when I see her.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Diet change starts tomorrow.  Have had success with low carb and Paleo.  Actually looking forward to losing the 10 pound bowling ball Ive been carrying around my waist.  Dieting always works better than exercise increase for me.

Has anyone else noticed some commercials now feature larger folks?  The medication Jardiance ad features a very large female being treated like a rock star as she flits through a crowd.  Poor ankle, knee, and hip joints is what I think of when I see her.

That commercial is making "Fat" people legitimate in the eyes of the public. It's saying its OK to eat like a pig and get fat. 

I can't stand that commercial and immediately change channels.

JJK

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No new felt here and not even a table anymore.  I used to hold my own but today it'd be ugly.  I'll just give you guys a couple quarters and watch if that's ok.  😂

90% of my weight problem I believe is attributed to the military.  I was always border-line w/the weight and could pass the PT test.  I worked the "other" muscle group.  I rode about 150 miles a week on my 18-speed and loved it.  Jammin with the headphones on and crankin.  Couple of us would ride 20 miles one way, do ice cream and ride 17mph back home a couple times a week. THAT kept the gut off and sweatin like a pig made it even better.

The thing was, I worked directly for a 2-star.  He had to rain on my parade EVERY time we'd run in formation.  Fell in right behind me EVERY time just to watch.  Yea, he was a pushin for sure and it got to be old.  I loaded up eating garbage just to spite him  That dude ran marathons and could prolly run backwards faster than most.  So yea, you know what I'm thinkin.  It worked in the military until I retired.  Down hill from then on.  Still rode but not as much then loaded up on crap cause I hate to cook.

Then toss in getting older and it becomes even more complex.

Today, after throwin in a new car system yesterday, I took a ride out thru the Ohio corn fields to give it a test run.  Sounds amazing but on the way outta town I swung thru McD's drive thru w/my own mugga.  2 hours later the mugs empty and I feel like crap.  Time to shoot up.  I don't even hit McD's or any other places anymore.  Blah.  Lately I haven't even HAD to shoot up at times.  Today?  Sucks to be me.

Been sittin here reading but after this morning I'm starting to wonder where that Weight Watchers pay up" cup is.  Back to the grind I guess.  lol

20 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

They deal with so many patients who will not change their habits that they just give up trying.

That's definitely true. Also, if they tell you to eat better, and you say, "Ok, what should I eat?" they are at a loss for words having never learned anything about nutritional science newer than 1970. They really have no clue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

That's great to have a room big enough for a pool table! I just go to my clubhouse in the compound. I don't think there is a commercial pool hall within 75 miles of my house!

My oldest friend and I have a standing Tuesday afternoon game which we've been doing for over 8 years. It's a combination 9-ball game and "solve the world's problems session." His health has been failing a bit and lately it's been leaning heavily to talk more than pool! It's all good though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I think Phama would love nothing better than to normalize being obese. It's a fabulous market for them. Those Ozempic and similar drugs are patented and very expensive - er "profitable." IMO, it's a kind of moral corruption - - legal, but bad for everyone. And, it furthers the interests of the processed food companies who are producing the horrible food making people sick.

Stepping down off my soap box.

• Like 3