The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

That is a PT serious snow blower.

Down here we would repurpose

the mower.

Welcome! We will have hotter weather soon enough. At least on the coast we have the breeze helping somewhat with the humidity...

I just love that breeze when the temps are up. I don't care how warm it gets. Anything is better than living in the cold.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

During my career in the Navy, I made several WestPac cruises aboard the carrier Ranger. Hawaii was my absolute favorite place to visit. I almost always stayed at the Ft Derussy Hotel in Honolulu. Drinks were very inexpensive there and I pounded down a lot before heading out into town. Thant was a long time ago and I don't even kknow if it's still there.

It's the Hale Koa, and it's nice, and still as popular as ever.  Rates are according to rank, the higher the rank the more you pay, but it is stiil a real bargain.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

I just love that breeze when the temps are up. I don't care how warm it gets. Anything is better than living in the cold.

If in Florida, it is just as well...lol

I prefer cooler being native.May be quite natural would suppose... enjoy.

• Like 1

Wonder how @dirtmudd is holding up after that "firehose" weather phenom that hit up his way.  Gonna have to nose a bit I guess.  Couple inches here and cold but that's normal.  Seems as though the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a major snow storm here in March.  Who know and who cares!  Hit the grocery last nite and reloaded then slipped in for 'Jam Night" at the bar.  Had my hearing aid in my right pocket (just in case some hottie wanted to talk.  That always turns 'em on watching you put it on,)  lol  Got home and it wasn't in my pocket.  Sooo back to Kroger and the bar parking lot w/my mini mag light looking.  Nada.  Went into the bar and yup I got lucky.  On the floor to the side of the doorway.  I wasn't in a panic or anything looking.  hahahaha  So yea, cold and typical garbage here!  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Wonder how @dirtmudd is holding up after that "firehose" weather phenom that hit up his way.  Gonna have to nose a bit I guess.  Couple inches here and cold but that's normal.  Seems as though the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a major snow storm here in March.  Who know and who cares!  Hit the grocery last nite and reloaded then slipped in for 'Jam Night" at the bar.  Had my hearing aid in my right pocket (just in case some hottie wanted to talk.  That always turns 'em on watching you put it on,)  lol  Got home and it wasn't in my pocket.  Sooo back to Kroger and the bar parking lot w/my mini mag light looking.  Nada.  Went into the bar and yup I got lucky.  On the floor to the side of the doorway.  I wasn't in a panic or anything looking.  hahahaha  So yea, cold and typical garbage here!  :)

One hour northwest of me...

Weather here cold and windy.... With a couple of inches of snow...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

it's all relative.  After -25`, +25` IS warm. No coat, a flannel shirt is fine

Exactly...25 feels lovely after the last few months up here, and come November, 25 will feel frigid for a few days until we adjust.  Meanwhile in the summer, we'll still have 90+ days with high humidity and lots of thunderstorms.  Actually looking forward to that adjustment :D

• Like 3

Lots of wet weather out here in California and it is nice to see our weather girls tell us about it.  Click the vid for her report.

https://abc7.com/weather/

It was in the 50s this past weekend and now it's snowing. 😕

• Like 1

Rainy and mild...bringing forth a bumper crop of wood ear mushrooms.  Still, I need to mow but now the yard is soggy.

snowing.  ugh!  not much sticking though, but coming down at a good clip.

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

snowing.  ugh!  not much sticking though, but coming down at a good clip.

:o Snowing

I cut the grass today since we will be gone for a week, it was close to needing it anyway, 80-84 degrees this week. 

• Like 3

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful during the past week or so. Our very good local weatherman is calling for sunny skies today with the temperature around 87 degrees. I've been in the pool twice since Saturday and found it to be very refreshing. Pool temp is 74 and tends to take your breath away.2070321025_DSCN1115(2).thumb.JPG.8a382216568b3ce5d0634938554da015.JPG

• Like 3

Supposedly hitting 70 here Friday then a Saturday high of 40 go figure!  Mid 50's all next week then.  Ugh!

• Like 1

We topped 84 here, but I'm in apocalyptic mode, stayed inside with or 3M 1500 MPR filtered air. 1500 is not to high but this "efficient" new hvac can't handle any more had to get rid of the 1900MPRs that cut way down on dusting here.

Who am I kidding I WILL NOT dust, that's what the bristly brush on the vacuum is for.

72 yesterday - 32 this morning. Typical 40 degree KC swing —☀️🌬

we're getting over this last spell of wet/cold. Mid 60's today. Was frost on things this AM.... the wind laid down.  Sposed to push 80 this weekend. I think they are wishing...

Better get used to wind. That is how I define Spring here. The wind blows from sun up to sundown. Summer starts when the wind stops and you are wishing for a breath of moving air.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 9:57 PM, dtel said:

:o Snowing

I cut the grass today since we will be gone for a week, it was close to needing it anyway, 80-84 degrees this week. 

Yes you and Christy watch out for the snakes in the grass. And keep that light on them night crawlers.

• Like 1

Beautiful with a chance of Covid-19

Probably why they closed the beaches to non residents

Beach parks in Oahu closed as well.  But the ocean is OK...just figure a way to get out there.